New H&M label: Men Trend

stahly

Starting this week, H&M will sell a new instore label: Men Trend.

Here in Germany this is only sold in only a handful shops in Hamburg, Berlin and Germany. Don't know how to get it overseas but considering Germany is H&M secon biggest market, only the biggest stores in every country will get it.

It's a bit more expensive but the pieces are also made of more special garments.

The colors of the collection are off-white, much black and grey, and some accents with bright orange and medium blue. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff like a semi-transparent longesleeve tee with thumbholes that goes down to the knees, wooly jumpers with a really big scoop neck, a smart black overall, several slim-fitting shirts made of polyester, shirts with a tone in tone contrast stripe running on the sides, a nylon west that goes down to the knees, some tees, jumpers and cardigans with cool geometrical shapes and a boxy black tee with a big zipper cangaroo pocket all over the chest.

Some of the more conservative pieces are in the German online shop: http://shop.hm.com/de/?action=viewcamp&campaign=676_MAN&dept=HERR_SEN_TREND

The tee on the right is very nice, it is actually not printed but different pieces of garment sawn together. It's also avaiable in off-white, black and I think dark grey. Would've copped it but unfortunately S was a bit too wide on the shoulders...

All in all, there are really crazy pieces in the collection and it breathes a lot of that Dior Homme high fashion. However I don't think that many of the usual H&M buyers will have the heart for it and in some months the things will be on sale and the brand dead.

No, as I work at H&M as a help at the moment I can say that this is a new label. It is meant to be similar to the Hennes Trend collection, which is for women.

There is a quadratic purple tag attached on the garment and a white size tag on which there is the word TREND in the left corner.

Don't be fooled by the five pieces on the picture. There is some really "crazy" stuff that I haven't seen in a high street shop before. The inspiration is directly drawn from the catwalks.