super "healthy" snacks

christianjustin

yeah i forgot. i snack on a lot of fruits and vegetables, too.

most healthly snacks i eat and actually enjoy is yogurt (activia) @ 9g of sugar :o, steamed/soft veggie, bananas, avocado with broiled chicken breast (or chicken fillet) + lettuce tomato and onions no sauce..and yah..

i dunnoz if lime and chile flavored almonds count but yummmmm

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

less training is a good start. looks like you're getting @175-190g of protein a day.

try 1.5 x your bodyweight, or @300g. sounds hard, but a few more eggs, some cottage cheese, and another chicken breast and you're there. also, you can try a cassein/whey blend shake right before bed so your muscles have food while you sleep. also, don't be afraid to up the carbs a bit-you need them when you're going hard and heavy.

you might be limited by your frame.A lot of asians have smaller frames,therefore limiting how much weight(muscle) they put on

175 might be close to your limit without putting on unwanted fat

most mass gainers are indeed full of sugar.The health industry is totally unregulated.they can specify what ever they want on the labels...doesnt mean you get that.Dorian yates is a reputable brand

a lot of reputable brands had their products tested. eg Designer bars were full of sugar and had a third of the protein specified

you might be limited by your frame.A lot of asians have smaller frames,therefore limiting how much weight(muscle) they put on

175 might be close to your limit without putting on unwanted fat

most mass gainers are indeed full of sugar.The health industry is totally unregulated.they can specify what ever they want on the labels...doesnt mean you get that.Dorian yates is a reputable brand

a lot of reputable brands had their products tested. eg Designer bars were full of sugar and had a third of the protein specified

mmm wouldnt exactly consider myself to have a smaller frame. not huge by any means but def not small like alot of asians

and ive only really started working out consistently roughly 4 months ago.

you're invariably gonna gain a bit of fat with muscle. find my better half doesn't look like he has too small a frame from pics.

pics are deceiving as you have to no reference point

you can eat as much as you want,but there comes a point where you have diminishing returns.

Thats when you have a total break and audit your program and diet

i know bodybuilders who get on steroids,and still cant break certain weight goals

they just have to re evaluate what their achievable goal weight is

pics are deceiving as you have to no reference point

you can eat as much as you want,but there comes a point where you have diminishing returns.

Thats when you have a total break and audit your program and diet

i know bodybuilders who get on steroids,and still cant break certain weight gaols

they just have to re evaluate what their achievable gaol weight is

we'll worry about that when i get there...lol

but honestly, i hav eno doubt that i can exceed my goal...i began working out last summer but not until this psat summer did i even have a clue as to what i was doing. i've gained a good 20-25 lbs since last year...both in fat and muscle but im def much more in shape.

now i've finally gotten started on my diet recently (as opposed to eating fast food and watever all day) with a much more efficient work out routine...

thus, im almost positive i can get there...just depends on how consistant i stay from now

*and yes pics can be deceiving, but my reference point is that @ 5'10, i wear sz L shirts fitted and sz 32-33 jeans...

dang you are pretty good size for 5'10".

a friend of mine who played rugby for Texas A&M would keep sandwich meat next to his bed. every time he got up he would shove it down his mouth. at one point he had an alarm clock that went off in the middle of the night to ensure he ate.

that fool was 180lb at 5'6".

nothing wrong with that..

when I was 196 a while back, I'd set an alarm in the middle of the night to chug a protein shake and fall back asleep :)

mmm wouldnt exactly consider myself to have a smaller frame. not huge by any means but def not small like alot of asians

and ive only really started working out consistently roughly 4 months ago.

4 months? thats nothing.You have probably platued and need to change things up

i know most ppl who start training make gains no matter how bad they eat,how bad their techniques are,and how bad their program is

then every gain they make has to be sweated out.Of course their are exceptions for the mesomorph types

you might have overtrained.This is common with beginner as their enthusiasm causes them to believe ''if 10 sets is good,ill do 20"'

according to your weight and height, W33 jeans would indicate you might carrying quite a bit of fat...or you have huge thighs

mrchariybrown,what is your optimum weight? You look good in the pics you posted in meatheads

nothing wrong with that..

when I was 196 a while back, I'd set an alarm in the middle of the night to chug a protein shake and fall back asleep :)

haha thats awesome.

i follow zone, so my snacks are 2 oz of chicken, handful of pecans, and some fruit. i'm 5'10 and 175 and dont want to gain much more weight

haha thats awesome.

i follow zone, so my snacks are 2 oz of chicken, handful of pecans, and some fruit. i'm 5'10 and 175 and dont want to gain much more weight

it all comes down to what level of fat you have,and quality of muscle

almonds and walnuts are great.Especially if you are trying to put weight on.They are calorie dense

fndmybetterhalf,why dont you post your pics in the meathead thread

meatheads and want to be meatheads, meet your new favorite pre-bed snack:

cottage_cheese_2.gif

+

jello.jpg(get dulce de leche it shits sloppily on other flavors when mixed with the other ingredients)

+

nln_leanpro1.jpg(in vanilla. my personal favorite predominantly casein based protein powder.)

tastes good enough to have been bought from a pastry shop in my opinion and has virtually no drawbacks if your goal is to gain lean muscle mass.

meatheads and want to be meatheads, meet your new favorite pre-bed snack:

+

(get dulce de leche it shits sloppily on other flavors when mixed with the other ingredients)

+

nln_leanpro1.jpg(in vanilla. my personal favorite predominantly casein based protein powder.)

tastes good enough to have been bought from a pastry shop in my opinion and has virtually no drawbacks if your goal is to gain lean muscle mass.

i am not trying to call you out...but

its not as good as you think.At least for a pre bedtime shake

Look at the list of ingredients.Whey is the dominant protein,and it doesnt even have have the superior micellar caesin

matrix-facts.png

What the fuck is bovine colostrum?

its bullshit,that what it is.

Colostrum is the first lacteal secretion produced by the mammary gland of a mother prior to the production of milk. Any secretion after the first removal of all or part is then termed Transitional Milk

Only colostrum collected from the single first milking within 0-6 hours after birth maintains nature's perfect balance of immunological and body regulating biologically active proteins.[

cowandcalf.jpgBovine colostrum is a natural immune system enhancer designed so carefully as nature intended it as the first food for new life.

mrchariybrown,what is your optimum weight? You look good in the pics you posted in meatheads

what do you mean by optimum weight?

as in my preference? I prefer to be somewhere around 177-181 (under 5-7% bf)

optimum as in what my body feels most comfortable at? probably around 169-172 (7-8% bf)

right now I'm at 171-174 (6-7%) as shown in the picture in the supermeatheads thread.. but I was holding a quite bit of water on the day of that picture from what I remember

this is one of the best pre bed time shakes

it even has fibre which slows the protein absorption through out the night.You actually wake up feeling full.The nutritional profile imo is unmatched for what it is

VPX has some good products too

pic-protein-5.jpg

NUTRITION INFORMATIONServing Size = 2 scoops (82g)

http://www.dorianyates.eu/product-view.asp?Product=GA10&action=summary

dorian yates is a fucking god.

this is one of the best pre bed time shakes

it even has fibre which slows the protein absorption through out the night.You actually wake up feeling full.The nutritional profile imo is unmatched for what it is

VPX has some good products too

pic-protein-5.jpg

NUTRITION INFORMATIONServing Size = 2 scoops (82g)

http://www.dorianyates.eu/product-view.asp?Product=GA10&action=summary

dorian yates is a fucking god.

agreed..

fluffer - that VPX has some awesome products, but I feel that and most supplements out there are way over priced..

I like to have 1.5 scoops of all the whey's chocolate micellar casein and 0.5 scoops of all the whey's cinnamon bun whey isolate for my bedtime "snack".. tastes awesome (for a protein powder that doesn't have crazy amts of fat or carbs in it)

but I've recently switched over from micellar casein to calcium caseinate.. it's cheaper, does a similar job, and I can't justify spending the $$$ for micellar casein

micellar casein

http://www.allthewhey.com/mica05.html

calcium caseinate

http://www.allthewhey.com/cc20.html

whey isolate

http://www.allthewhey.com/awpi20.html

usually order 20 lbs of caseinate and 20lbs of isolate

I've got coupon codes for like 12 or 14% off or something too if you're interested

agreed..

fluffer - that VPX has some awesome products, but I feel that and most supplements out there are way over priced..

I like to have 1.5 scoops of all the whey's chocolate micellar casein and 0.5 scoops of all the whey's cinnamon bun whey isolate for my bedtime "snack".. tastes awesome (for a protein powder that doesn't have crazy amts of fat or carbs in it)

but I've recently switched over from micellar casein to calcium caseinate.. it's cheaper, does a similar job, and I can't justify spending the $$$ for micellar casein

micellar casein

http://www.allthewhey.com/mica05.html

calcium caseinate

http://www.allthewhey.com/cc20.html

whey isolate

http://www.allthewhey.com/awpi20.html

usually order 20 lbs of caseinate and 20lbs of isolate

I've got coupon codes for like 12 or 14% off or something too if you're interested

you are getting great results doing what your doing now

but i agree,they are not cheap

but i guarantee you,you will be getting better results using dorian yates as a pre bedtime drink

protein powder with predominantly whey just gets absorped too fast.You can slow it down buy putting a scoop of fibre(metamucil) and flaxeed oil.This slows down the absorption quite a bit

I know micellar is more expensive

there are companies in canada who allow you to buy proteins straight from the factory.You can buy 100% micellar,blends,or whatever combination you want.You then can buy the flavouring from them too.It was dirt cheap.

Unfortunately,they didnt ship to australia,and i forgot what they were called.

you are getting great results doing what your doing now

but i agree,they are not cheap

but i guarantee you,you will be getting better results using dorian yates as a pre bedtime drink

protein powder with predominantly whey just gets absorped too fast.You can slow it down buy putting a scoop of fibre(metamucil) and flaxeed oil.This slows down the absorption quite a bit

I know micellar is more expensive

there are companies in canada who allow you to buy proteins straight from the factory.You can buy 100% micellar,blends,or whatever combination you want.You then can buy the flavouring from them too.It was dirt cheap.

Unfortunately,they didnt ship to australia,and i forgot what they were called.

I used to order from this place called trueprotein.. you can make your own mixes and flavors on there

http://www.trueprotein.com/

and I'm pretty sure they ship everywhere

and they're fairly priced.. also have a discount code for that (it was either 5 or 10% off, if you need it, I can find it for you)

I used to order from this place called trueprotein.. you can make your own mixes and flavors on there

http://www.trueprotein.com/

and I'm pretty sure they ship everywhere

and they're fairly priced.. also have a discount code for that (it was either 5 or 10% off, if you need it, I can find it for you)

yeh,i that was the one.Plus there was another one which was even cheaper

do you still order from them,and how was the taste?

yeh,i that was the one.Plus there was another one which was even cheaper

do you still order from them,and how was the taste?

trueprotein's protein tastes okay.. not horrible, but not good by any means..

I don't buy from trueprotein anymore, only because allthewhey is slightly cheaper and tastes 10x better..