Nudies Even Stevens - size down 1??

jlam

I've been searching the superdenim forum for awhile and i couldn't find a thread dedicated to Nudies. I only found a few post about how much people hate them. Whats with all the hate towards them? Nudies is the naked truth about denim dont deny it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks kino, yeah that is true sufu loves their skulls, flat head, imperials, etc... but theres no reason to hate on Nudies just cuz they aren't popular with sufu, and arent expensive like the other brands, they make good quality jeans like everyone else, just cuz a few douche bag celebs wear them dont mean they're shit and not "unique", Nudie has their own bible, now that naked denim love right there

thanks kino, yeah that is true sufu loves their skulls, flat head, imperials, etc... but theres no reason to hate on Nudies just cuz they aren't popular with sufu, and arent expensive like the other brands, they make good quality jeans like everyone else, just cuz a few douche bag celebs wear them dont mean they're shit and not "unique", Nudie has their own bible, now that naked denim love right there

Their denim itself really isn't great quality though. I will say certain runs of certain things are better than others, but generally with Nudies you pay for the styling of it rather than quality.

This is a stupid thread. Cotton duck plz lock.

I think the quality on nudies are fine. theres predistressed denim from buffalo by david bitton and parasuco which cost more, are no where near as nice, and do not compare quality wise at all, plus the fact thier all made in third world countries. Of course apc is in that price range but they stretch so much (which in some cases isnt a bad thing), I find they fade very fast and often get retired quicker then other denim. They also give off a kinda greyish brown hue when they fade which i dont find appealing.

I guess roflcopter is correct about paying for the fit andstyling... but in terms of quality they are by no means poor quality jeans. they are made in italy, however that doesn't mean that much. Also "quality" is really subjective anyway, it doesn't neccesarily equate to durability. some might measure this in terms of authenticity, method of production, exclusitivity... which doesn't always equal a more durable jean. $40 levis can outlast jeans that are up to three times more expensive.

Anyways I think this forum has just moved on from Nudies... it was huge 3 or so years ago.

Edit:

Paying more than $100 for jeans is already paying more than you really should be.

^^ good post, i feel that some people hate on brands w/o any real reason, just because it seems like the generally accepted thing to do. half the ppl in this thread hate on the brand w/o expressing why, id personally like to hear it. Also, theres alot of hate as ppl think they're "gateway" denim and denim that people new to raw denim purchase, but theres really nothing wrong in that, everyone starts somewhere, and people arent going to drop the cash on flat heads, imperials, diors and the like when they have no clue how to maintain/ care for the denim

i dont like how nudies turn out after the first wash, but i like even steven's cut.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=27021

perhaps this link might shine some light on how the last nudie 'appreciation' thread was like

p.s. check out page 3

cheers and no heat yeah

quality and cuts aside, nudie jeans is a simple company offering the "cult" of raw denim in a simple and (to some) appealing way to people who a) can't/won't pay for expensive japanese brands (flat head, skull, etc.), B) are into more mainstream lower end fashion, and/or c) are totally new to raw denim.

this can be looking at two different ways:

1) nudie is a noble company for appealing to the masses with the same "great" raw denim that sufu members enjoy...

or

2) nudie is trying to cop the market/style and innovation that companies like flat head or the fab four have been doing for years.

either way, like awong said, nudies = entry jeans. they were my first raw denim, and i enjoyed them. no, i would not pay for them now as my tastes are much higher. but nevertheless, nudies are a good way for people to start (or stay if you're not planning on becoming a denimhead).

but then again i have some newer biased thoughts about people who wear nudie jeans and come across as if nudie jeans are the only raw brand, nudie jeans are better than others, people who wear nudie are superior to others, etc. basically, some of the swedish people i know.

anyways.

either way, like awong said, nudies = entry jeans. they were my first raw denim, and i enjoyed them. no, i would not pay for them now as my tastes are much higher. but nevertheless, nudies are a good way for people to start (or stay if you're not planning on becoming a denimhead).

seconded that.

Nudie was my first raw jeans but then i found something more e.g. skull n imperial..

however this is Superfuture right , so don't you think it should be super??

I don't find much wrong with nudies. Sure there's better out there. I started off with black coated nudies, moved on to selvage nudies, and now I'm wearing denim like sling & stones and 19oz samurais. my buddy started with nudies and he's moved onto flatheads. they're a great way to get into the raw denim game.

Not sure what all the hate is about, there are threads about far FAR worse brands than Nudies within Superdenim.

I like nudies. Great cuts, and some allright denim / quick fades for the price - ~$130 (damn, the dollar sucks atm) in Sweden for the slim jim dry japan and RRDS, f.ex. They've been hyping raw denim since like 2001 so there's no jumping on any raw denim band wagon, I'd rather say they were pioneers in making raw denim fashionable/cool again.

seconded that.

Nudie was my first raw jeans but then i found something more e.g. skull n imperial..

however this is Superfuture right , so don't you think it should be super??

That's a horrible pun. Anyways, I definitely want to cop a pair of the coated black Nudies, even though I already have a pair of Skulls / APCs, I don't want to pay Dior prices for a coated black jean.

the pictures have certainly brought the love back for nudie

justification or not? idk, but the jeans are holy smoke.

i guess sometimes it doesnt matter bout what brand of denim they are but how the owner rocks them to get killer fades