Nudies Even Stevens - size down 1??

jlam

It's your call. To me it just seems weird that people can't figure out why there isn't a Nudie thread here when there is already an entire website/forum dedicated to the brand. Besides, I think sufu has moved on from Nudies (to name just one) some time ago. But maybe that's just my impression.

By the way Mr. Duck, please report to the 'no english thread'. People are demanding answers..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you're trying to be funny, you're not. those nudies are killer, tin or not

no seriously though its like everyone has it.

haha its comedy though how everyone is like oh fuck nudies yada yada yada then when someone is like whats up with all the hate all the nudie lovers come out of the woodworks.

Some people might be overlooking the fact that not EVERYONE cares about quality as well. Some people just love the fit and the look. People may like the texture/color/fit of the denim and don't have a taste for slubbiness etc.

...are into more mainstream lower end fashion

I don't know if you can call nudies lower end fashion and other brands high fashion... I'm not sure if denim is considered high fashion (maybe Dior)... and if they do I don't know if brands like imperial and samurai etc are really high fashion horte couture, but rather more authentic/reproduction companies focusing on the craftsmenship involved with denim.

I am not saying that denim isn't fashion - that would just be obsurb as it is one of the most influential pieces of clothing in the modern world. It's just that this forum is a niche market. There also exists the segment who arent denimheads and are just looking for a nice jean that compliments their basic casual outfits from an aethestic standpoint.

Nudies are really up there in the denim market (again you have to consider the entire market spectrum) and not lower end at all. Nudies is to Japenese Denim as BMW is to Italian Supercars.

Some people might be overlooking the fact that not EVERYONE cares about quality as well. Some people just love the fit and the look. People may like the texture/color/fit of the denim and don't have a taste for slubbiness etc.

I don't know if you can call nudies lower end fashion and other brands high fashion... I'm not sure if denim is considered high fashion (maybe Dior)... and if they do I don't know if brands like imperial and samurai etc are really high fashion horte couture, but rather more authentic/reproduction companies focusing on the craftsmenship involved with denim.

I am not saying that denim isn't fashion - that would just be obsurb as it is one of the most influential pieces of clothing in the modern world. It's just that this forum is a niche market. There also exists the segment who arent denimheads and are just looking for a nice jean that compliments their basic casual outfits from an aethestic standpoint.

Nudies are really up there in the denim market (again you have to consider the entire market spectrum) and not lower end at all. Nudies is to Japenese Denim as BMW is to Italian Supercars.

i was referring to high fashion as in... high fashion. i.e., designer... (dior, raf simons, rick owens, etc.)

by lower end i was referring to lower end for superfuture. i'm not trying to down nudie, but i guarantee they are on the lower end of the majority of superfuturian's denim spectrum.

...jesus christ...it takes balls to pull that off...?

I recently picked up a pair of SSDBS. I've been curious about the cut lately, and was offered a great price. The black stitching is nicely understated. I don't think I'll focus on fading them however, got to integrate them in other ways.

i bought the bootcut ola's a while ago and i already knew plenty about raw/dry denim...it was either nudies or dior, and i ended up getting both within the past year, i love them equally for just how different they are. i got the bootcut taken in by the seamstress to straight leg them.. the only quam i have against nudie is that i've had them for a year, worn them hard for about 3 months and you can see through the denim...and what i love about the dior is that the denim has a yellowish hue and is super thick and comfortable. to me, they are worth what they are worth. i'd pay retail for either if i had to.

...jesus christ...it takes balls to pull that off...?

I recently picked up a pair of SSDBS. I've been curious about the cut lately, and was offered a great price. The black stitching is nicely understated. I don't think I'll focus on fading them however, got to integrate them in other ways.

i think it takes more of a lack of balls...

hahaha fit is so great. I don't really like their indigo colored jeans, but their dry black coated jeans are pretty nice... i love my thin finn black coated jeans. If anyone can suggest another brand of black coated jeans with a similar price and cut, please fill me in

Well,Nudie didnt get me into raw denim,I used to wear nothing but 501´s STF since 1985, when Levis had this "Bath" TV commercial,that did it for me.At that time I wasnt aware of 29" shuttlelooms or hidden rivets etc.,but liked the idea of shrink-to-fit and realized that those jeans looked much nicer than the normal stonewashed,or- much worse -acid or moonwashed jeans ( but I think that was later, around ´88-´90 ).Anyway,it was summer 2005, I was in need of another 501 and couldnt find any,went into a shop that just new opened, they had Nudies RRDS with this nice box,tried them on and handed over €130.I never paid that much before for a pair of jeans,but they looked and felt so great, I coulndt resist.Than I searched the internet and discovered superfuture, which i liked more and more.Since then I paid more than €130 for denim, my wife is wearing my RRDS ( with big cuffs! ) and I am looking forward for the Dry Bones Contest!

i probably will get different opinions but hopefully the more specific i am the more limited and less varied the opinions will be

should i size down?

i don't want them to be too tight or too baggy after stretched...i don't mind wearing a belt after they stretch but even w/ out a belt they should definitely not be able to drop to my ankles

naw mean?

my true size is probably 33.5 to be accurate...i typically wear 34 waist in washed denim