Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

I agree with Ms. Sally, I buy the stuff because I like the way it looks, and because the details are usually well thought out, but I'm not trying to convince myself that Supreme has some magical higher level of quality. Too many other brands are just as good or pretty damn close for less money. Doesn't mean I'll choose the cheaper alternative all the time, but let's not kid ourselves that we are getting too much more for the money.

your get what you pay for does not necessarily stand true with Supreme.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new college series hoodies were in today: hood logo pullovers, script zip-ups, and veritas crewnecks. kind of like a rugged version of wings+horns tiger fleece, cyc-made and in really nice colors.

can't say i agree with the shitty quality argument on these pieces (and much of the sweats/cut and sews)...these were thick, detailed and cut well. worth it for me.

I agree that CYC produced Supreme fleece is top notch, but its no better than Carhartt in terms of quality/structure. The colors supreme chooses are better but that plays more into the look than quality.

Also at this point Reigning Champ can be a cheaper alternative for the same quality.

My whole point isnt to slag the brand down. I just think their quality isnt bettter than the next company's and its a tired justification for purchase.

new college series hoodies were in today: hood logo pullovers, script zip-ups, and veritas crewnecks. kind of like a rugged version of wings+horns tiger fleece, cyc-made and in really nice colors.

those new sweats can be seen on crashstreet.com. looks like the bright plaid flannels dropped as well.

the script on those new zip-ups is new. script crewnecks would have been dope .

Then why buy at all? You could get the same quality, non branded, shirts from at least a half dozen other companies.

the only reason i'd be getting something from supreme is because it was the only place i could get that style, color, fit or whatever. i'm not going to buy something because it has a box tag on it. :rolleyes:

yeah, there definitely are a ton of better/comparable price flannels out there, which is why i have way more pendelton stuff than supreme, but the supreme stuff i do have was in a color or style that was unique to their line.

cool, actually useful information thank god. looks like they also have fine gauge beanies (and still can't spell "gauge") + the script joints are different colors than the veritas? may be worth a stop by (and can pickup the sneezeage as well)

i like reigning champ, but the problem with having a solid well-built unbranded basic is the lack of planned obsolescence! canadians fail at late stage capitalism

pendleton flannels are pretty boxy from my experience and almost exclusively wool so no comparison there

ms. sally, stop trying to co-opt my visvim argument

yeah, there definitely are a ton of better/comparable price flannels out there, which is why i have way more pendelton stuff than supreme, but the supreme stuff i do have was in a color or style that was unique to their line.

I concur, some of their pieces are unique, but why would someone pay $150+ (if I recall) for a hooded work jacket that looks the equivalent of a Carhartt one?

edit: Actually, $178.

those new sweats can be seen on crashstreet.com. looks like the bright plaid flannels dropped as well.

the script on those new zip-ups is new. script crewnecks would have been dope .

Interesting to see that on the Supreme preview page the black hoodie has white text across the hood, while the Crash Street hoodie has black text.

Interesting to see that on the Supreme preview page the black hoodie has white text across the hood, while the Crash Street hoodie has black text.

Yeah, its like that with one or two more of those heather pieces.

I was too confused/strapped for time to muddle through all of them yesterday, between the script zips, veritas crewnecks, pullover hoods, tonal print, black print, white print, etc.

The material is way heavy though, shit felt like a flak jacket. Probably going to go back and buy one today.

Pendleton feels like wearing steel wool and even then i would question the wearer's intentions. Too much cholo/gang history with the brand. Its the only reason i ever saw it as worth while but the itchy kept me away. Woolrich is a good alternative and they have cotton blend.

Visvim is the wackness (said the same way trilby says in movie, with just as much meaning/conviction). However, I understand the same can be said for any brand, including the ones i like.

Picked up the veritas crew in a M and I feel that the sizing is a bit off. Maybe it's because I have never had a crewneck as thick as this one, but the M feels more like a Smedium, so I might have to go exchange for a large. Im only 5'7 with average proportions and it seemed as if the sleeves were a bit short. Is this common with their heavier crews/hoodies?

yeah, it's pretty well known that if you are inbetween sizes that you should go for the larger of the two. plus, it's supreme .. it looks wack as a motha fuck if it's all fitted and whatnot.

heading to preme in a few because i gotta go to soho to get my rice and beans on. i want one of those cord box caps dammit.

yeah, it's pretty well known that if you are inbetween sizes that you should go for the larger of the two. plus, it's supreme .. it looks wack as a motha fuck if it's all fitted and whatnot.

heading to preme in a few because i gotta go to soho to get my rice and beans on. i want one of those cord box caps dammit.

Pendleton feels like wearing steel wool and even then i would question the wearer's intentions. Too much cholo/gang history with the brand. Its the only reason i ever saw it as worth while but the itchy kept me away. Woolrich is a good alternative and they have cotton blend.

Visvim is the wackness (said the same way trilby says in movie, with just as much meaning/conviction). However, I understand the same can be said for any brand, including the ones i like.

not sure where you're from, but i've always associated pendelton with southwestern cowboy steez and more recently with the free&easy/japanese vintage beast styles. bright ass navajo print jackets, cowboy cut flannels, blankets.

associating flannels in general with cholo style? of course, but i don't see that brand specifically rising to the top like say fred perry does for skinheads or CP/paul&shark for casuals. maybe i'm wrong - but i've never been a cholo gangsta either. you getting some bootleg shit? all my pendelton is nice and soft.

visvim just copies everything in new materials, etc aside from a few things that just use pieces of other shoes (the buckminster is like a weird ass vibram crepe/air huarache heel with some timberland up top). they hit a low though jumping on quoddy trail's classics though. they need to get back to their own shit.

not sure where you're from, but i've always associated pendelton with southwestern cowboy steez and more recently with the free&easy/japanese vintage beast styles. bright ass navajo print jackets, cowboy cut flannels, blankets.

associating flannels in general with cholo style? of course, but i don't see that brand specifically rising to the top like say fred perry does for skinheads or CP/paul&shark for casuals. maybe i'm wrong - but i've never been a cholo gangsta either. you getting some bootleg shit? all my pendelton is nice and soft.

visvim just copies everything in new materials, etc aside from a few things that just use pieces of other shoes (the buckminster is like a weird ass vibram crepe/air huarache heel with some timberland up top). they hit a low though jumping on quoddy trail's classics though. they need to get back to their own shit.

Picked up the veritas crew in a M and I feel that the sizing is a bit off. Maybe it's because I have never had a crewneck as thick as this one, but the M feels more like a Smedium, so I might have to go exchange for a large. Im only 5'7 with average proportions and it seemed as if the sleeves were a bit short. Is this common with their heavier crews/hoodies?

could we get some measurements man?

are they the same as either the

"striped cotton sweater" medium

body length (high point shoulder to hem) - 26.5

chest width (1" below armhole) - 19

"plaid crew" medium

body length (high point shoulder to hem) - 28

chest width (1" below armhole) - 22.5

"plaid crew" medium

"plaid crew" medium

Definitely along the lines of the striped cotton sweater. Like I mentioned, I normally wear a M in tshirts and even have a M box crew from s/s 2006, both of which fit great. This sweat on the other hand just doesnt fit right in the shoulders and I know that it will shrink after the first wash. Definitely getting a L tomorrow.

"plaid crew" medium

Definitely along the lines of the striped cotton sweater. Like I mentioned, I normally wear a M in tshirts and even have a M box crew from s/s 2006, both of which fit great. This sweat on the other hand just doesnt fit right in the shoulders and I know that it will shrink after the first wash. Definitely getting a L tomorrow.

If you google "cholo style, pendelton" i feel there is enough links to support my claim. Not saying that pendelton isnt favored by other social groups, i just see them in that light.

I've never purchased myself and the only places i've touched/felt was workwear shops in MPLS and LA. They were super wooly which has always irritated my skin.