I'm going to watch a movie every night, and you're going to choose for me.

Leonard Leroy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncut version of Once upon a Time in America has already been released. Probably my least favorite Leone film I've seen. Way overrated. Paramount asked Leone to direct The Godfather, but he turned it down; Once upon a Time in America had been gestating in his mind and he wanted to do that instead. Thank God.

• 3 weeks later...
^Kung Fu Hustle is awesome

Shaolin soccer as well

2zzm5b5.jpg

I love this movie, js

Full Metal Jacket (classic!)

Children of Men (don't know if you've seen but a very good movie)

Charlie Bartlett

Cherry Crush

Hard Candy (takes Ellen Page from Juno to a whole other level, kinda sketchy but a great movie, lots of twisty turniness)

I actually watched Green Street Hooligans. But I always wanted to watch This Is England. I'll keep that in mind.

I'll download it just to have it handy. Looks like I'm watching Hachi's Story.

I'll probably end up giving a little mini review afterwards.

Watch Dead Man's Shoes. It's by the same director as This is England, I think it was his first film. It's fantastic. Some great acting, especially the lead.

Chopper is a classic too....

dvdcover.jpg

One of the best movies I've ever seen. Even better is A Brighter Summer Day, Yang's four-hour masterpiece made in 1991. Almost impossible to find, however--I have a bootleg copy on DVD, and it's clearly a VHS transfer with hard subtitles burned in (both English and Chinese). But even then, unbelievable.

Saw Sparrow, directed by Johnnie To, last night.

Sparrow.jpg

Maybe my favorite Johnnie To film (either that or Election 2). A masterpiece; a departure from the trademark Johnnie To movie but at the same time covered with his fingerprints.

rec.jpg

Scary movies never scare me. Never. Scare me. And I really get into movies, I just have iron nerves, it's horrible. ?uestionmark could attest to this.

I heard this might do the trick.

It's a spanish movie that came out in 2007, apparently Cloverfield and the latest Romero movie wish they could be this film.

And I heard its getting a shitty remake called Quarantine. We'll see how this goes.