The Good Skramz Thread

themainbrain

Hello stylish people, I saw the heroin topic and noticed that there were some screamo fans on this board and if there's a pv topic then another sub-genre of hardcore ought to be represented as well. There's a shit load of contemporary screamo bands that most people haven't heard, so here's a chance to share some of your favorite ones.

For starters, I dig groups like Make Me, Suis La Lune, and Kidcrash

Make Me - www.myspace.com/makeme

Suis La Lune - www.myspace.com/suislalune

Kidcrash - www.myspace.com/thekidcrash

freshman year of high school, riding in older friend's lifted bro-dozer truck with senses fail on blast:

The hardest thing about dying is

knowing you'll never see the light of day

You ripped my heart out,

you tore my eyes out, now you're gonna pay

I'll stab you one time.

I'll eat your heart out so you feel my pain.

Don't you know that I always see you in all of my dreams?

I wanna kill you.

I wanna kill you now.

I'm insane.

angsteez!

Guest architects.of.desire

drove six hours two weeks ago mainly to see yaphet kotto play their last show only to find out that they wouldn't be playing. la quiete was fun though and we had some dos equis waiting for us in our hotel room.

I know Orchid is one of the most famous screamo bands of the nineties but i'm still going to mention them because they're the reason I got into skramz, the lyrics are so fun if you're familiar with frankfurt and debord and the likes.

www.myspace.com/chaosisorchid

SO freakin sick. also one of the bands that got me into this genre.

ENVY is different IMO. It's way more like mainstream powerpunk bands that started coming out around the time of underoath/from first to last/etc. Although I really dug their post-rock spin on screamo, that really did it for me. I have heard they are really sick live though. Reminds me of a less badass version of ISIS. I could never get enough ISIS.

haha, i had a little talk with someone on this board about how i got document one for like $5 on skylab. i also just sold the remainder of my usurp collection on ebay.

pg99/CoC/stop it!! and gatefold are like the only skram albums i can listen to anymore though.

I dont know wether you would consider Envy screamo, but they fucking rule live!

I got an Envy split with that old band Steve Aoki used to be in...I forget, but it was some song about the Amadou Diallo slaying in NYC (41 shots)...and it was utterly embarrassing to listen to. Reading along and hearing the son of a huge business mogul talking about "my brothers of color, unite and start a violent revolution against those oppressive pigs"...at the peak of cliche and just poorly written...all while screamed over a very Born Against'ish sonic landscape.

Envy's side was cool I guess...kinda threw that 7" to the side before I gave it a chance.

I know Orchid is one of the most famous screamo bands of the nineties but i'm still going to mention them because they're the reason I got into skramz, the lyrics are so fun if you're familiar with frankfurt and debord and the likes.

www.myspace.com/chaosisorchid

Orchid definitely was a favorite along with UOA, Heroin, Yaphet Kotto, Mohinder, Guyver-One, and Swing Kids (a good couple more who really stuck out). Those are the bands that blew my face off and made me heavily dig this style. Each of those bands had distinct styles within the "screamo" realm...but afterwards, it definitely got a bit repetitive...(as with a good amount of anything after the first wave...see much of the post-No Comment/Crossed Out/Infest/MITB/Dropdead PV shit).

On a screamy hardcore meets post-hardcore/math level...Drive Like Jehu (though said to have influenced many of the Gravity/31G guys) was in-fucking-credible...and THE first San Diego screamo type band I got into (even though they get grouped up with Fugazi on many more ocassions than the Swing Kids).

drive like jehu is my favorite all-time band, no joke!

this machine kills is really funny to go back and listen to while thinking of modern day steve aoki. Oh well, people change.

This genre was almost the only thing I listened to through a lot of my highschool years, and I still spin ihatemyself-ten songs, yage-human head too strong for itself, assfactor4-s/t and my palatka records.

and yeah, there's already an emo thread, although most of the bands mentioned here don't really fit in there (especially orchid and all their euro clones)

edit: I've heard rumors of both swing kids reunion and jenny piccolo reunions this year. might be internet bullshit though!

drive like jehu is my favorite all-time band, no joke!

edit: I've heard rumors of both swing kids reunion and jenny piccolo reunions this year. might be internet bullshit though!

Yes.

And...

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWA%TWA^WA%@@@@@@@@@@@@@@