LEVI's ... CAPITAL E ?

Something indeed seems amiss with the U.S. LVC line. Too bad, as this was the only way I felt I could obtain the 'real' 501s that I like to wear. I just don't like the current 'ant-fit' cut, and it's impossible getting the pre-anti-fit cut any more, so the '47 model was my last hope for a truly, well-fitting 501.

I've been working steadily trying to get both information and product on the LVC 'deadstock' 1947-501s, to no avail. They appear to offer it on their latest website, but no luck in actually obtaining it from their on-line source, or thru their special stores - including the SanFran flagship location. They don't even have any solid info available on their 1-800 line! The sizes offered on this jean appear fairly limited as well, which is strange to me. I thought the 1947 model was THE most beloved cut with the enlightened denim crowd - you'd think they'd focus more on that offering if that is the case.

Let me know if anyone else has had any better luck getting this particular iconic item...

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Cissell

I've heard that too, Serge, but my wearing experience tells me differently. I know the 'anti-fit' cut was supposedly closely inspired - if not based - on the 1947 pattern, but there is something I can't put my finger on about the newer version that doesn't fit as comfortably as the vintage one. It may be the lower rise - I'm just not certain. I have a pair of the older LVC 1947s (before they moved their in-house production from San Antonio) and I have a pair of the anti-fit, purchased right after it was released, so I was able to compare head-to-head, so to speak.

Do you have any detailed insight on analyzing/comparing the two patterns?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Cissell

here's a response i got from levi regarding the 'new' line...i don't think this person knows what they're talking about:

this is what i wrote:

I have a question about the future of your current line called LVC. I just read about the introduction of a new line in the spring called "Capital E" and wondered where LVC fit into this. Is Capital E going to replace LVC as we now know it?

their answer:

Thanks for taking the time to contact us at Levi Strauss & Co. We appreciate your interest, and providing us the opportunity to assist you.

The "Capital E" is referring to our Levis® Vintage line, we have this line that is separate of the Levis® red tab line and the others. Our vintage line includes replicas of our garments that were first introduced to the market for example this season we came out with the 1879 501's that sold for $501. They are only sold at high end boutiques and only few are made. When we first trademarked our garments it started out with a capital E example " lEvi" on the red tag on the side of the back pockets now it is just "levis". It isn't something that is going to take place of our Levis® red tab line. We have had our Levis® Vintage out for a couple seasons and we are trying just to advertise a little more, most of the time you will see ads on magazines about the vintage line.

Jay thanks again for contacting us. If you need any additional assistance, please write us back or call us at 1-800-USA-LEVI or visit our website, Levi.com. Our hours are Monday through Friday 6:00am - 4:30pm Pacific Time.

For up to date information on all of our products, as well as where you can purchase them, be sure to visit our websites at levi.com, dockers.com, and levistrausssignature.com.

Sincerely,

Cassandra

Levi Strauss & Co.

casara3002445