lookin for a boot to casually wear around

krn.nyc

hey,

i'm going into college next year, and i kind of want to get away from wearing sneakers every single day, so i'm shopping around for a versatile leather casual boot that i can just wear around with jeans (primarily APC NS, Flathead F-310) which will look better with wear throughout the years.

i decided to get clark desert boots brown suede last year after i read so many positive recommendations from this site, but i can't really get it to work with my everyday clothing since it seems a little too formal with just a pair of jeans and tee. the suede is also a turnoff since i'm in ny and it rains buckets

i'm not going to spend a lot of money on these, my budget being around the 150ish range... if you guys have any casual boots that you absolutely love, be free to give me suggestions.

don't know if i'm going to get flamed but i actually like this slim sillhouette from frye, opinions?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/41834541/c/3.html

dont think bulky boots would work with slim jeans

i don't want any questions like , why the fuck you dressed up, from wearing the boots on campus, but just have it as a casual shoe to complement slim jeans and either a tee or hoodie.

thanks a lot

(before i get flamed, i did search but nobody really had a thread for just throw-around everyday boots, and most of the options were extremely expensive because of the high end brands )

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23702

A ton of the stuff in there is casual; combat boots def fit your bill as well as work boots.

Clarks are faaaar from being dressy, especially if paired with jeans and a tee.

Finally, those fryes your linked don't look like they're boots. If you're looking for something like that, look at leather chucks and pf flyers.

They might be too casual for you but check out Blundstones? Everyone I've met who's tried them, swears by them. I wear my black ones almost everyday: they're comfortable, durable, and if you keep them polished up they can look decently classy. Like jeans, they only get better with age too.

I'm pretty sure there's even a slightly-more-formal version that's sharper and less chunky. Would look better with slim jeans.

im not hatin on the clark desert boots, but the particular brown suede one that i got looks way too formal /oldies with just jeans and shirt. maybe its the color... i might opt for the sand or gray suede, also looking for a leather brown one which might look more casual beaten up

i'm checking out all these suggestions, and i'm diggin some of the options. just looking for some shoes to kick back in everyday,

thanks a lot

question: frye sids don't look bad at all to me. are they versatile enoguht o bum around with any ol jeans n teez

im not hatin on the clark desert boots, but the particular brown suede one that i got looks way too formal /oldies with just jeans and shirt. maybe its the color... i might opt for the sand or gray suede, also looking for a leather brown one which might look more casual beaten up

i'm checking out all these suggestions, and i'm diggin some of the options. just looking for some shoes to kick back in everyday,

thanks a lot

question: frye sids don't look bad at all to me. are they versatile enoguht o bum around with any ol jeans n teez

i wear jeans that are tight at the ankle so i just tuck them in and they look slouchy and casual but still edgy too. maybe a little bit faux-grunge or "hipster" but whatevs they're fucking easy as hell and look good imo!