House 33 - Busted by Landlord

rakis

After much delay, I finally made it down to Carnaby Street to check out House 33....shop was locked (gear still on the inside) but there was a letter on the door proclaiming repossession of the premises by the landlord on 14 Oct 2005.

First Zoltar now House 33.....I was looking forward to the Bounty Hunter x H33 collab toy scheduled for release around end of November......not sure what is going to happen now....

The H33 line is zany but still accessible......shame if it all goes belly up so soon....

• 2 weeks later...

Barnzley chronicles i.e. a reference to the other half of Zoltar. As was quoted on this forum:

Zoltar is done by this guy Dan MacMillian. He is an artist/zillionaire heir to a publishing fortune. It started as him (Dan) and his partner Barnzley. They had a shop in London for a few years, plus a full line of everything, jackets, jeans, sweats & custom tees. A year or so ago the shop closed down and re-opened as House33, with Barnzley having left Zoltar and partnering up with graphic designers from House Industries. House Industries had been involved with Zoltar from the beginning, having done their logo as well as some of the initial look of the brand.

I've only seen tees from Zoltar lately, but no sweats or other clothing.They had some good stuff. House33 kinda picked up where they left off, but hell if you can find any of that stuff in the US.

In case you've never heard of Barnzley he was part of the original London Stussy crew in the late 80's early 90's along with Michael Koppleman and Mick Jones of The Clash / Big Audio Dynamite. He later did a line called Peoples Wardrobe which was pretty cool.

Seems that House 33 had defaulted on the monthly rent. Not sure what's going to happen to all the stock in the store. Also, its anybody's guess whether the collab Bounty Hunter x House 33 toy will ever come out now (this was scheduled for end of November orginally).