Buying & wearing ebay FAKES, your thoughts...

soundune

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fakes r cheap sh*t, ppl who wear fake will be f*ck up

A little overboard hunh? Sounds like a guilty conscious(is that how you spell that..I dont even think thats the correct word)..he's like the thief who always thinks someones trying to steal from him. Anyways, wearing gear with a logo stamped all over it is pretty laim fake or not. A design worthy of $$$ should be of great quality in design, material and construction without all the branding.

Fakes should not be worn because you are supporting the fake makers, who also make fake medicines, infant formula, etc. etc. Many people and infants have died from this bullshit. That is the bigger picture.

i don't rock fakes. Well maybe but the only ones i have would be copying some brand I don't know. have this thin two-tone hoodie just because i liked the look not because it may or may not had some name stamped on it.

Fakes should not be worn because you are supporting the fake makers, who also make fake medicines, infant formula, etc. etc. Many people and infants have died from this bullshit. That is the bigger picture.

Exactly. I couldnt give a toss about whether or not someone fakes an LV handbag but the reality is that counterfeiting is becoming increasingly common in more significant areas. Fake medicines have killed almost 200k people in China to date and more worryingly have begun to infiltrate the pharmacy system in the UK and US. I watched a documentary last night in which an investigator for GlaxoSmithKline, whose sole job was to track counterfeiting of their products, ordered from a faker in China and could barely tell the difference between the legitimate and counterfeit products. That is truely scarey. The program also mentioned that fake clothing had been sold to unwitting retailers in the US and Australia.

On the other hand this is kind of cool in a "woah good effort" kind of way.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/29/internationalcrime.italy

I normally think about fakes like this:

a. If you like expensive brands for the design/style/color/fit, buying fakes makes sense.

b. If you like expensive brands for the quality and material, buying fakes makes no sense.

c. If you like expensive brands because they are recognizable or exclusive, buying fakes makes sense. However, you should accept the fact you are shallow/superficial/easily manipulated/over-concerned about other peoples opinions and should consider changing the way you think.

In middle school I used to hustle fake jacob and co. jawnz, but that stopped as soon as I got jumped. I sold nba wristbands and headbands too out of my backpack. I could never bring myself to actually put on those damn watches though, because I was afraid my wrist would turn green or something.