Diesel copying rick owens???

b_mang

So what else is new. Everybody is copying everybody. Though I would feel ashamed if I was Diesels CEO. But in the end RO is copying his style as well. His (really)hi-top sneakers are highly influenced by boxing shoes also. Heard nobody complain about the Dior German army shoes + 1000's knock off also. They copied Red Wings boots here and available in colors like yellow/blue/green. But in the end fashion is just a trend and will never be original. Influences all over. Do you feel original? Better wake up.

pretty good for under 200. i'm okay with this.

it's like if someone came here and dressed like shit , we'd all make fun of that person until they dressed well, and eventually that person might actually become accepted by superfuture as being decent. maybe diesel reads sufu and was all sad that sufu doesn't like diesel, so now they make shit that gino's are gonna hate.

"What the fuck guy? fuckin diesel isn't makin dose bootcut flares i always get? or square toed dress shoes? geddafuckouttaheeeyaaaa"

This is pretty funny. But.. inaccurate. Posters and readers on fora like this tend to be early adaptors, but college kids in Fargo are going to pick up trends as well, just a little slower (sometimes, a lot slower, and they are slower to drop them as well.) Square toes, stripey shirts, These can all be linked to trends that early adaptors adopted once upon a time: square toes in the mid/late nineties (see first several Prada Men and Prada Sport collections (the lines started in...1994 and 1997, iirc.) and stripey shirts were one of the first things that came out of the Saville Row trend in the late 1990s and early 2000's, when shirts by companies like Paul Smith and Richard James became very popular.

Diesel Black Gold takes some cues from RO, and makes the look more accessible. The cut of the clothes is sort of like Drkshdw for people without builds like Iggy Pop, the materials have less experimental treatments and colors. But, the products are well designed and well executed. Take a look at them in person. Some of the finishing is better than that of similar RO pieces. That said, I am a stupid snob, and can't bring myself to actually wear Black Gold, if only because I hate the labelling.

This is pretty funny. But.. inaccurate. Posters and readers on fora like this tend to be early adaptors, but college kids in Fargo are going to pick up trends as well, just a little slower (sometimes, a lot slower, and they are slower to drop them as well.) Square toes, stripey shirts, These can all be linked to trends that early adaptors adopted once upon a time: square toes in the mid/late nineties (see first several Prada Men and Prada Sport collections (the lines started in...1994 and 1997, iirc.) and stripey shirts were one of the first things that came out of the Saville Row trend in the late 1990s and early 2000's, when shirts by companies like Paul Smith and Richard James became very popular.

Diesel Black Gold takes some cues from RO, and makes the look more accessible. The cut of the clothes is sort of like Drkshdw for people without builds like Iggy Pop, the materials have less experimental treatments and colors. But, the products are well designed and well executed. Take a look at them in person. Some of the finishing is better than that of similar RO pieces. That said, I am a stupid snob, and can't bring myself to actually wear Black Gold, if only because I hate the labelling.

DBG isn't just taking cues from RO. It is ripping off Rick's entire aesthetic and repackaging it into a diluted form that is safe and easily consumable. Sorry, but it's a fucking joke. You say it's well designed and well executed. I think there's an utter lack of artistic expression and that it's completely deviod of soul.

This brings to mind a quote from John Ruskin. "There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey."

DBG isn't just taking cues from RO. It is ripping off Rick's entire aesthetic and repackaging it into a diluted form that is safe and easily consumable.

I think that is there main aim! Diesel, like everyone else is all about making money.

When magazines like GQ or Arena start featuring a style or a brand people pick up on it. Most GQ readers are not fashion "heads" or very fashion forward so when a similar style is presented to them from a brand they know and trust they will buy into it.

A great example for anyone in the UK is All Saints, in there past three seasons they have gone from Dior Homme to Raf to RO in there styling, Which is kinda ironic as there typical customer is now a well dressed chav.

Anyways clothing apart I am liking the adverts.

DieselBlackGoldIII_thumb2.jpg

DieselBlackGoldII_thumb3.jpg

DieselBlackGoldIV_thumb5.jpg

DieselBlackGold_thumb2.jpg