Nudie Jeans Post yours here and tell us how u accomplished ur look on them

makoxboi

Quote:

Tangerine

I think you have misread my point (although i didnt mean to make one), but to be honest i think the whole pick a country that is cool and ride it for awhile is lame.

Nudie did well to capture a market and to my mind the rest are riding on their coattails, and undeservedly so in my opinion.

So to with Japanese denim, everyone goes on and on about Japan repro this japan repro that. But again there are brands that are doing well purely on other successes (and good luck to them by the way).

On the record you say that Julian red and acne are cut more flatteringly and made well, how bout the rest of the jeans market. Why in particular these Swedish examples? So many brand doing better job, why not diesel, energie, earnest, lee, levis, list goes on. You can't be talking about the quality of their denim, i have seen both and Julian Red in particular uses rubbishy lycra and poly mixes for most of their jeans/they do some selvage but is not nicest i have seen.

So lets be honest about the choice here, you may like it but i think you are taking too much credit for your choice of clothes, it is still in effect following a trend.

--- Original message by johninger on Oct 27, 2005 10:02 PM

Okay, point by point then...

Yes, I do follow trends. I came to superfuture to find out what more knowledgeable, well-travelled people think is cool. There are people here who know more about denim than I can ever hope to know and I am not ashamed to try to learn from them, and try things they recommend.

Diesel: I used to wear them all the time. Still have several pairs, though have sold some. They lost their way a couple (some say more) years ago, rumor is that they are coming back, we'll see.

Energie: Like Diesel but not as good. I have a leather cafe racer jacket from them that I like.

Earnest Sewn: Have one pair Hutch milk wash, one of my favorite pairs of washed jeans. I like them a lot.

Lee: wore them as a child, moved on.

Levis: wore them as a teen and young adult, moved on, though I like my Sugarcane repros.

I think you have missed my point, which was to try to answer your pseudo-innocent question, why do people buy Swedish brands? Or maybe you are just trying to change the subject.

You have been a big proponent of Imperial jeans, which are pretty nearly clones of Nudie, so I think you are on thin ice with your whole line of inquiry.

But that's just my opinion. :D

ask a cassowary

Tangerine

I am not talking about what you like to wear but in general, you put forward the idea that Julian Red and acne are popular cause of style and construction. And all the brands i mentioned have as high if not higher quality of make and fit.

Your point about Imperial looking like Nudie. I see what you mean now blue denim rust coloured thread, belt loops, button fly, five pocket ... maybe Imperial should be worried about patent infringement!

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Quote:

well if you like the nudie style and spirit i can offer a great tip, julian red jeans is the new shit, a brand with the same true indie guthenburg spirit but tighter models and no stupit stitching, i hate stitchings!, i was really in to Evisu and Ijin jeans i few years ago but i found out that it looks stupid to walk around whit two mcdonalds logos on youre backpockets, and it got out of hand and mainstream like nudie, but my favourite swedish jeans brand now a days is Acne jeans , the make really nice models and washes and it makes sense when sofia coppola is wearing them, but i should also warn people about the Cheap monday jeans the have really bad quality and thats why they are so god damn cheap,

Edited by J0HN on Oct 27, 2005 at 03:30 PM

Edited by J0HN on Oct 27, 2005 at 03:31 PM

--- Original message by J0HN on Oct 27, 2005 03:29 PM

totally agree, Julian Reds are the best and Acnes are quite nice too.

adamc, I think your best bet is 'MOC'. MAC was a straight leg, not a flare.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Quote:
Quote:

oh thank you 134

If that is so, then I think Nudie are nice jeans. But my heart lies elsewhere regarding my favourite brand.

And sorry not to sound racist but Sweden is nice place but why would people keep buying swedish brands??

--- Original message by johninger on Oct 27, 2005 08:50 PM

Not sure why you are playing the naif, and I am not Swedish, but I think I can answer:

Swedish people buy Swedish brands for the same reason Americans buy American brands, Japanese buy Japanese brands, Australians buy Australian brands, etc.

I like Nudie, Acne and Julian Red because they are quality jeans cut more flatteringly than the 501 repros that represent much of the rest of the quality jeans spectrum, and that is probably the same reason that a lot of other not-Swedish people buy them.

Then of course (and I think this is what you are getting at), the Illuminati have conceived a plan for Swedish world domination, to be initiated by microwave signals sent at a predetermined time from tiny transmitters woven into the selvage seams of the above-mentioned brands.

Have I left anything out?

--- Original message by tangerine on Oct 27, 2005 09:06 PM

you totally fucked up our plan for world domination! no body can resist our pale minimalistik garments!

i rest my case

Quote:

Tangerine

I am not talking about what you like to wear but in general, you put forward the idea that Julian Red and acne are popular cause of style and construction. And all the brands i mentioned have as high if not higher quality of make and fit.

Your point about Imperial looking like Nudie. I see what you mean now blue denim rust coloured thread, belt loops, button fly, five pocket ... maybe Imperial should be worried about patent infringement!

--- Original message by johninger on Oct 27, 2005 10:33 PM

I don't know if we are really having a constructive discussion here, but one last try:

I agree that the Diesels, Earnest Sewn and Levis I have worn or seen seem well constructed. I am not so sure about the Energie denim and I haven't even seen a pair of Lees IRL in some time. I will take your word for it on the Lees.

I agree that Diesels, Energie and Earnest Sewn have flattering cuts, but I heartily disagree that Lee or Levis' cuts are very flattering.

Of course, flattering fit is very personal and depends on body type and preferences, not just cut of jeans.

Finally, I will remind you again, you originally asked "why do people keep buying Swedish brands?" Your point appears to be that Swedish brands are currently hyped, just like Japanese brands, and like the Italian brands you mention that were hyped a few years ago. Okay, I think you have a point there. OTOH, why Acne and JR, and not Cheap Monday and Tiger? Do you really think there is no difference?

Your remark about patent infringement is disingenuous, and it is this type of remark that causes people to give you a hard time. IMO of course.

Peace, I'm out, enjoyed the discussion.

ask a cassowary

Edited by tangerine on Oct 28, 2005 at 09:21 AM

dont even mention Cheap Monday!, yeah i know its really hot and hyped whit drainpipes and the skinny heroin chic fashion alá dior homme, but the cheap monday mean bad quality and thats why they are so god damn cheap, girls get bide and sass jeans, and boys get Julian red jeans hobokens, the same style but whit better quality! and a funny thing is here in sweden there is this big rumour about the creators of weekday and their brand Cheapmonday stands on a satanic ideology, on the patch on the jeans there is a humorous skull with a reversed crucifix on he´s forehead , i think its kind of funny beacouse religion sucks especially christianity! fuckin brain waching, i bealeave their art director only had som black metal bands as inspration.

Edited by J0HN on Oct 28, 2005 at 12:05 PM

Quote:

dont even mention Cheap Monday!, yeah i know its really hot and hyped whit drainpipes and the skinny heroin chic fashion alá dior homme, but the cheap monday mean bad quality and thats why they are so god damn cheap, girls get bide and sass jeans, and boys get Julian red jeans hobokens, the same style but whit better quality! and a funny thing is here in sweden there is this big rumour about the creators of weekday and their brand Cheapmonday stands on a satanic ideology, on the patch on the jeans there is a humorous skull with a reversed crucifix on he´s forehead , i think its kind of funny beacouse religion sucks especially christianity! fuckin brain waching, i bealeave their art director only had som black metal bands as inspration.

Edited by J0HN on Oct 28, 2005 at 12:05 PM

--- Original message by J0HN on Oct 28, 2005 11:52 AM

lol, no one thinks that Weekday's designers are satanists, what kind of people do you hang with? :P

as tangerine said, there are loads of Swedish brands who do jeans, but there is a reason that Acne, JR and Nudie are the ones who're more internationally succesfull.

oh, and here are the new 'lattjo lajban vintage' from Weekday:

lapp250.jpg

teckning250.jpg

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 28, 2005 at 12:52 PM

no but it damn humorous that everybody wears jeans and clothes and dont give a fuck about what the loggos and prints mean, or mabye its just me and my co workers who give a fuck beacouse its our job to make peaople wear our shit

someone working for Cheap monday wrote this on the same site you founded the new Latjo Lajbans and by the way look at the patch ¨666¨, i dont have the energy to translate but it means that they like the satanic way of life:

¨SÃ¥ här: Att satanism skulle stÃ¥ för en “sköt dig själv och skit i andraâ€-mentalitet stämmer inte alls för oss pÃ¥ Cheap Monday. Den synen pÃ¥ livet och satanismenär ett nytt pÃ¥fund frÃ¥n Church Of Satan som grundades i modern tid av charlatanen Anton LaVey (1930-1997). Han var en idiot.

Den satanism som vi intresserar oss för ligger längre bak i tiden. När skörden var dålig trots att man sprungit till kyrkan varje söndag. När man läste i bibeln att den där snubben i himlen inte tyckte att man skulle sätta sig upp mot överheten eller störta förtryckarna. Satan för oss är ett sätt att gå runt den självgoda typen uppe i skyn och göra nåt åt saken själv. Mot en gud som förövrigt straffar dig och dina barn in till sjunde led om du har otur eller kanske som Onan spiller din säd då och då.

Hail Satan! ¨

i rest my case

Quote:

no but it damn humorous that everybody wears jeans and clothes and dont give a fuck about what the loggos and prints mean, or mabye its just me and my co workers who give a fuck beacouse its our job to make peaople wear our shit

someone working for Cheap monday wrote this on the same site you founded the new Latjo Lajbans and by the way look at the patch ¨666¨, i dont have the energy to translate but it means that they like the satanic way of life:

¨SÃ¥ här: Att satanism skulle stÃ¥ för en “sköt dig själv och skit i andraâ€-mentalitet stämmer inte alls för oss pÃ¥ Cheap Monday. Den synen pÃ¥ livet och satanismenär ett nytt pÃ¥fund frÃ¥n Church Of Satan som grundades i modern tid av charlatanen Anton LaVey (1930-1997). Han var en idiot.

Den satanism som vi intresserar oss för ligger längre bak i tiden. När skörden var dålig trots att man sprungit till kyrkan varje söndag. När man läste i bibeln att den där snubben i himlen inte tyckte att man skulle sätta sig upp mot överheten eller störta förtryckarna. Satan för oss är ett sätt att gå runt den självgoda typen uppe i skyn och göra nåt åt saken själv. Mot en gud som förövrigt straffar dig och dina barn in till sjunde led om du har otur eller kanske som Onan spiller din säd då och då.

Hail Satan! ¨

--- Original message by J0HN on Oct 28, 2005 04:36 PM

it's a JOKE :)

and it says "No 666" on the leather patch just like Evisu's say "No 1/2". Again, a joke :)

so, where do you work?

Quote:
Quote:

Hail Satan! ¨

--- Original message by J0HN on Oct 28, 2005 04:36 PM

it's a JOKE :)

and it says "No 666" on the leather patch just like Evisu's say "No 1/2". Again, a joke :)

so, where do you work?

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 29, 2005 07:41 AM

im a freelancing art director, and recently im working on my project whit swedens best dj

i rest my case

Edited by J0HN on Oct 29, 2005 at 02:15 PM