dear supermods requests/questions threard

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

as the thread states.

why did you just erase my

"icon4.gifREMINDER: Using racial slurs is against forum rules discussion" thread???

i think that by not discussing so-called "racial slurs/terms" we are empowering them.

"appears that posters especially in supertrash have growingly adopted the use of certain ethnic slurs,most of the time used by users who do not even represent the ethnic group the terms refer to.

Using any forms of racial or ethnic slurs is against the forum rules. While in majority of cases the use is not intended to be derogatory, these terms can still cause confusion and using them is simply ignorant."

inability to follow rules will result in warning and possible account termination."

just wondering how any mod would know as to whether or not these so-called "racial slurs" are being used by members who do not represent the ethnic groups the terms used are referring 2. since that statment was even posted, is this to imply that auethentic users of specific "derogatory" terms are allowed to use it?

also it would be helpful to list specific terms that sufu considers to be derogatory.

i called this redskin

676px-Tomato.jpg

a "toe-ma-toe" not a "toe-may-toe" and thought shit was okay. one member said i was a racist, while another said that it was okay.... then i called him orange, and he was not happy about that.

thank you!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu

everyday we style/etc profile random fits/members. we stereotype various styles/aesthetics.

if we don't use terminology in which sufu considers "derogatory" can we make statments about races/ethnicities based on general perception/knowledge?

Guest jmatsu

superMODS user_online.gif

superfuture

Last Activity: today 05:01 AM

Replying to Thread dear supermods requests/questions threard @ 05:01 AM

superfuture

superfuture

jmatsu why is it so important for you to be able to say these words and which ones in particular do you feel are not in fact derogatory and should be free game? i am truly curious.

Guest jmatsu
jmatsu why is it so important for you to be able to say these words and which ones in particular do you feel are not in fact derogatory and should be free game? i am truly curious.

i don't know which words in particular you or more importantly supermods is referring to. if supermods gives me a list of the ones that he thinks should be no-no's i will gladly pick out the ones i wanna keep using and explain why...the yeahx2 ones (should he list any i feel should be). if supermods is gonna try to be the sherif, then he is gonna have to be able to specifically explain the law.

sorry i phrased my question wrong. .why would lets say the nword.. be necessary let alone be let to be toleratedin a denim forum?

I also am not sure which slurs the supermods find outrageous enough to consider unacceptable. I also find it laughable because ive seen alot of things on here that ive found to be derogatory and they are allowed. racial slurs such as the n word and such. Furthermore...this is a forum that is what percentage black? or an ethnicity that these words would mean something negative to. i am not nieve and i know that there are some situations is which people of that ethnicity freely accept it from those they have regarded as a friend or family.

^^ so because there's a small percentage of coloreds here it's okay to be racist?

the reason it's okay to be racist on the site is because it's part of western civilization aka white supremacist culture, so how could it be anything else?

sorry i phrased my question wrong. .why would lets say the nword.. be necessary let alone be let to be toleratedin a denim forum?

I also am not sure which slurs the supermods find outrageous enough to consider unacceptable. I also find it laughable because ive seen alot of things on here that ive found to be derogatory and they are allowed. racial slurs such as the n word and such. Furthermore...this is a forum that is what percentage black? or an ethnicity that these words would mean something negative to. i am not nieve and i know that there are some situations is which people of that ethnicity freely accept it from those they have regarded as a friend or family.

a) this is no longer just a denim forum, this is a life bible that regenerates daily like mold

B) this forum is .0000003% black cumulatively and .0000006% when Westside isn't banned.

c) We Orientals just like to come on here and get some humor during breaks, between shifts of sewing in sweatshops for the almighty cracker

Guest jmatsu

the nword? i've never posted "nigger" on this forum.

a) this is no longer just a denim forum, this is a life bible that regenerates daily like mold

B) this forum is .0000003% black cumulatively and .0000006% when Westside isn't banned.

c) We Orientals just like to come on here and get some humor during breaks, between shifts of sewing in sweatshops for the almighty cracker

a. agreed

b.that is why i was curious as to what slurs the supermods /jmatsu are speaking off. if those statistics are true then why is lets say the use of that word so prevelant here that there is a rule that is unevenly enforced. i find jmatsu question to be very valid and i simply want to know more about what others think out of curiosity. i brought up the n word because it would be pointless to discuss this in to may to to ma to terminology.

I can see why people get offended by it in real life, but really now, isn't there at least one thing on this website that everyone will get offended by at some point, purposely or not? It's just the internet. and it has a 'back' button.

99% of supertrash is done in jest, and the other 1% is serious business that becomes fodder for more trash.

The administration and moderation of this forum is done by an Australian white guy, a Finnish white guy, an unknown white guy who does server moves once a week, Carl, who is a white guy, a white guy from New Zealand, a white guy from California who left after scamming people, and some other white guys. Of course they don't want to touch the 'n' word with a 10 foot pole, and people love to call each other racist to make themselves feel better.

The membership of this forum on the other hand, is by far a minority majority, so it's not like we don't know the meaning of racism, and I haven't seen anyone drop anything racist or malicious on the forums. The whole 'coloreds' and white supremacist culture thing is rather hysteric, I think.

actually scratch my last comment, Ichigo was getting crazy with the antique minstrel .jpgs last week, so I guess there was that one time. If you black sufuers will accept Ichigo as your own, then I guess it's ok?

^^ so because there's a small percentage of coloreds here it's okay to be racist?

the reason it's okay to be racist on the site is because it's part of western civilization aka white supremacist culture, so how could it be anything else?

this is fucking ridiculous. the forum is like 98% asian, first of all...second of all, considering western civilization a "white supremecist" culture is almost as offensive as bandying about "nigger" all the time.

neg repped.

jmatsu i really don't think they (the mods) want to make rules, they just don't want people saying offensive words.... and they also probably dont want to make up a list of things u can't say. They are forced (I guess) to make the rules.. so they can legitimately get rid of bad people. And most of the time they don't even enforce this rule (? as far as i know) so I don't even see why it's such a problem. I would actually be more interested in seeing the "no politics/religion" rule done away with. imo that one is not so much in our best interest.

Superfuture

Owners

Wayne - Race: White

Chad - Race: White

Employees, past and present

djrajio - Race: Indian

onemancult - Race: Hispanic

White people ruling over minorities once again

really disappointing IMO on a forum that considers itself "cosmopolitan" :(

chad doesnt own and has never owned even the minutest part of superfuture, and chad hasnt worked for superfuture for like, two years.

truth_kozik02.jpg

also im not sure what the question is here but, it takes legitimately overt racism/homophobia/etc to get axed. this has happened quite a few times.

anything else isn't sanctioned or officiated over by the WHITE MANS that run

the site, nor even THIS BROWN ONE. so stop talking like we sit around watching

what you say like hawks. that's bullshit.

THE WHITE MAN employs THE BROWN MAN and THE YELLOW MAN

while some might see this as an opportunity for THE BROWN MAN and THE YELLOW MAN, they haven't the slightest chance of ever advancing in this system of castes that has been created by THE WHITE MAN to keep THE BROWN MAN and THE YELLOW MAN down.

ok... so if i legitimatly use nigga when im hanging out and talking with my friends, black, white, asian, whatever... can i use it on here? i mean, i dont think about it when im typing shit, but in everyday drunken conversation its used alot.