Super Neo-Folk/Post-Industrial

kunk75

saw dij for the first time on my birthday in 97 with non/strength through joy/kapo!

best show of my life, if only because i waited 7 years.

saw current 93 in 96 at the old synagogue on the lower east side. really good show. loretta's doll opened.

have a feeling you would like it kyle. non is pretty much one of the early influencers of japanoise stuff.

death in june were born from a leftists punk band, crisis, but somehow moved a good ways to the right. they were originally more in league with joy division but became a one-man (mostly) neo-folk solo act later on.

POST-industrial?

is there even a need for such a thing?

omc is this shit worth checking out?

post-industrial as a term is really only referring to this particular group of musicians integral in the early 'industrial' scene-- like when there was an actual Industrial records in existence-- and not the 2nd/3rd wave industrial stuff you and i want to fuck cybergoth girls to.

but yeah, this stuff is worth a listen. if i and kunk and polishmike like it, it cannot be bad, right?

der blutharsch give me stiffies... that one recent record, when did wonderland end, is

thoroughly good. a bit overlooked, but so well-realized and produced.

you know what sort of hokey shite martial industrial/folk group i kind of dig for no apparent reason other than their songs are rather catchy and appealing in a very easily digestible way? Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio. don't throw me in the ovens.

yeah, her voice is really good even when performing live. she sounds really good on all the "christ and the pale queen" tracks. i think that's current 93's best album.

and her stuff with strawberry switchblade is weird but good.

shit, you know what is awesome and people always forget about? Rose McDowall's post-neofolk it girl project, Sorrow. love her fucking voice so much.

saw current 93 in 96 at the old synagogue on the lower east side. really good show. loretta's doll opened.

Meaning the Angel Orensanz Center? Now if only they still hosted shows like that instead of the Vision Festival.

God Blast America in 02 was the best festival in US I've ever been to. With the lineup:

ANENZEPHALIA + BOCKSHOLM + CON-DOM

DER BLUTHARSCH + DEUTSCH NEPAL

GENOCIDE ORGAN + JANITOR + OPERATION CLEANSWEEP

with special guests:

CORDELL KLIER, NAVICON TORTURE TECHNOLOGIES,

SLOGUN and V.D. [a TAINT+SICKNESS collaboration]

...shit was insane. I was still in college and I think 6 people that came to the show crashed at my frat house (I was in a really strange frat) including girls from Texas, Nebraska, Finland and Estonia :D

The owners of North Six were afraid that the speakers will come down from the ceiling and the whole system will catch on fire.

dark should hang that off his balcony

i missed god blast that year, but i didnt care because that's the same year i saw DIJ

at walker stage. that was an epic-- literally-- performance. ran through something like 30 songs. the live in new york barely captures how awesome that was.

yo, start off with their first two albums. you'll be able to appreciate those more easily:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guilty_Have_No_Pride

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nada%21

then, move on to what i personally consider their first fully-realized masterpiece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Book_%28album%29

yeah. my fave song from the period between nada and brown book.

i always throw nada at people who're first hearing DIJ because i find it has the right balance of post-punk influence and full-on folk to reel people in. the electronic elements also seem to get people interested. then i usually drop brown book on them and they're hooked, wearing brownshirts, and praising the old gods.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hopfer
i am, but it's a bit outside this genre IMO. what about kirlian camera?

Sorry about that. I'd figured that this was not specific to the neo-folk.

Anyway,

Early Laibach is the cream of the martial industral crop. I actually work out to that shit. It's very high-brow in my opinion. I'm not overly familiar with the genres involved. If one could point me in the direction of other good martial and ambient industrail I would be thankful.

Tietchens drone work is some of the best industrial soundscape I've ever heard and, surprisingly, he's gaining a lot of favor in academic circles. I've never heard kirlian camera. What is it? Any good?