2009 Fullcount Contest thread

The time has come to choose...  

133 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to choose...

• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

I thank you for all the kind support,but I do not mind if Kiya can provide us a even cheaper discount, then that will work wonderfully, but then I am not sure if we'll get a prize through Kiya since I have been working with the rep from Sugar Cane. As of now, I haven't really worked up with the details of ordering with the representative, who shall remain nameless, but I do like to get to know him a little more before any further decisions are made (for security and etc, etc.) As of now, things are going smoothly, although I haven't heard from him for awhile, probably going through the prizes. I guess we should talk more about this when the polls are finished?

Also, ooh An, if you can provide a place that you know of that gives a better discount, by all means, do tell. Also, make sure they can provide up to 50+ contestants.

will it be a 1947v1945 ? or a 1945 vs FC 1105? Looking at the polls, both 1947 and the FC 1105 are in the lead, but the 1945 isn't a that popular? is there something wrong? do we need another Lee repro jeans? its like a 3v1 battle and both levis repro has the highest vote counts. Is it going to be a Levis' contest after all? or...a BIG vs. SE :x

Anyways, I still feel kind of disoriented a little with all this jargon.

whoops. but the thing is that why would people buy the 47s through you if they can get it elsewhere cheaper? i can get a pair on ebay for like 120.

for the 45s i would understand. and perhaps we should explore kiyas offer? we shouldnt rule it out just yet.

it does look that there is no way that the 45s are gonna win this poll...but i dont know what denim phenom is planning to do. and a 47 vs. a another levi repro would be stupid.

a 47 contest alone would be dull. at this point, i think it should either be the sdas alone or the fullcounts alone.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason the 45s are the only Leepro being polled is because we weren't able to find another pair of Leepro's that were widely available and didn't cost an arm and a leg. We mentioned Lee's available on Rakuten, The Real McCoy's for Lee, and Samurai.

The Lee's available on Rakuten may have been through a store that didn't ship to the US. The Real McCoy's for Lee are expensive. Samurai LHT are closer to $300 and people don't want to pay that much.

What it comes down is that we need a pair of jeans that is easily available and meets everyone "cheap" needs. I don't mean for that to sound rude but no one wants to pay the money for a good pair of jeans that will produce good wear. They want to pay less than $200 for a pair of jeans and hope for the best.

I hope i'm not offending anyone by saying that but that's the vibe i'm getting.

By going through BiG/SE we get the opportunity to have a store discount and enough jeans for everyone. We may be sacrificing arcs/tabs but that's something you can put on afterwards if you wish.

Once the Levi's repro is chosen I will start the PM process and discussion with Gordon about numbers needed, patch customizing and what, if any, prize that can be offered.

If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me.

that is a good question oohh An. As of now, I will try to find a Lee repro as an alternate since the 1945 isn't a popular cut that we thought it was.

On to the better news, if 1947 will be chosen,

$175 w/Free shipping to anywhere in this blue planet.

As of now, the prize will be either free jeans or gift certificate provided by Kiya & Self Edge.

Also: There is still time to join, but no official listing has taken place so no need to PM either of us. DP will let all the interested participants know when to sign up and we will take an official head count then. If there is however 200+ contestants, there is a viable option to customize our jeans. More info after.

this is what i mean. people will buy them elsewhere for cheaper. you can say let them buy it elsewhere..but if not enough people buy it from selfedge or another sponsor...we won';t be able to get the discount.

a reminder to all future contestants..if we do buy from a sponsor..there could very well be a prize for you. that's the only difference i see.

and will some of g\you guys speak up on your opinion of self edge?

Keep all drama and opinions of Self Edge out of this thread. If you want to tell people how you feel then make a thread in SuperTrash and cry about it there.

SE is fully wrapped up in the Dry Bones contest yet Kiya graciously volunteered his store to us and even a prize. From the look of it, we might even get a chance to customize through them which is something we couldn't do with anyone else.

If you feel so strongly against SE that you wouldn't be in a contest then so be it. I think that's childish and petty but that's just my opinion.

Self Edge is not a definite answer, just another option. As of now, my first provider has not responded to my emails, so it was a kind gesture for Kiya to offer us something. Let us continue to vote.

Again, we haven't made any final decisions yet, it is up to you guys and the general interest.

retail=13000 yen + 3700 yen for shipping = about 150 usd

self edge is the evil empire, get with it

How about this?

You can eat a dick and i'm out of this contest.

Go find a proxy to deal with.

Well not to detract from the drama.....

I finally managed to decide where to vote. SDAs all the way. The cut is almost identical to my Onis which I like, I like the blue selvedge, the pig patch is great (don't redesign this please) and the 15oz super hard to fade denim will really show us who is boss.

I still wouldn't mind if it ends up being FC. I'm not too bothered about SC because it's not the 50/50 denim and if I am going to buy more SC denim it would have to be 50/50 denim.

I just got an email from Gordon about some really exciting bits concerning Fullcount. I really hope that these win the Levi's repro.

Sneak peak: 38" inch inseam, green tag ink, choice of denim, and the possibility of a green selvedge edge.

The denim choices include the usual light weight denim, the 15th anniversary denim, or a new 15.7oz. denim that is slubby and more like Samurai.

The 15.7oz. denim is more expensive but if we have around 100 people then Gordon is going to hook it up and keep the price around $200.

Just thought I'd share and maybe help influence you guys.