Ideal waist to inseam differential?

Phyziks

Hello all. I did a quick search and didn't find a thread on this. There are probably several, but I'm far to lazy to do any in-depth searching.

So the question is, is there an ideal waist to inseam size differential? Meaning, is there a "magic number" that make someone's fit more aesthetically pleasing?

I know for sure jeans with a larger inseam than waist look better, but that's obvious. When the jeans waist size is equal to, or larger than the inseam, it's probably about time to start investing more in sweat pants or gym memberships.

That being said, sometimes I find jeans with too large of a difference between waist and inseam (small waist, very long jeans) not as appealing as something more closer in size.

I'm not talking about one person wearing a bunch of different sized pants. I'm referring to fits of different people, and the size of pants they wear for their body type.

I'm probably doing a horrible job at explaining this, but hopefully you get the idea.