Places worth checking out in Houston,TX

SoleHead

Taxi Taxi or Buffalo Exchage but I'm sure you know that. Theres the Nike outlet at the new outdoors mall on 290. The Ralph Lauren stores in Katy Mills Mall. Worth mentioning are the 5 stores sited on Superfuture's home page.

If your looking for a meet up there is only -Un., Subculture (hb), Corbin Law, Larry Bird (from time to time) and me as far as I know of and none of us has ever met eachother.

Welcome to Houston, you won't wanna stay here for long.

unforunately you're probably gonna be pretty disappointed... that said there is some random cool shit. sloan/hall, which is on kirby a little south of river oaks is pretty dope. not clothing, but a bunch of random shit (art books, cdg wallets, candles and shit).

clothing wise it's pretty weak... galleria of course for all the normal shit. cactus records for music is good. premium goods in the village is alright, best houston has for sneakers.

cafe brasil and... fuck i forget the other one (right next to there... someone?) are coffee places in montrose that are both cool. t'afia, the breakfast klub, tacos agogo, tiny boxwood's, chuy's (right next to sloan/hall), many more for food. that's one good thing about houston... the food. oh, and definitely go to the menil collection for art.

Check out domy books next to cafe brazil for vinyl toys and books. There is a new skate park on sabine st. Tipping point is another sneaker shop downtown. On washington there is a new skate shop next to Catalina Coffe. For bike shops go to boones.

cafe brasil and... fuck i forget the other one (right next to there... someone?) are coffee places in montrose that are both cool. .

are you thinking of agora? nice place until the smoking ban.

theres a barneys co-op in the galleria, thats really about it.

other than all the fugly gaudy places like m2m and jeans couture.

are you thinking of agora? nice place until the smoking ban.

theres a barneys co-op in the galleria, thats really about it.

other than all the fugly gaudy places like m2m and jeans couture.

yes! agora. thanks. and agree. yeah... barneys co-op is ok... but it's weak even compared to other ones. no BoO, no apc, etc.

Barnets Co-Op stocks Travota, BBC, Alexander McQueen, and Nice Collective last time i checked. If your looking to go shopping in Texas I believe your best bet is Dallas. Among the independent stores there is also a Barneys. The last time I went to Austin the stores were pretty dried around the UT area. Zehero might help you out since he goes to UT.

If your looking for music entertainment in Houston I'd say the Warehouse. I can't remember but I think its 21 and up but I heard its got some good artist that come through. I know Bun B did his first preformance there a few months ago after Pimp C died. R.I.P.

If your looking for music entertainment in Houston I'd say the Warehouse. I can't remember but I think its 21 and up but I heard its got some good artist that come through. I know Bun B did his first preformance there a few months ago after Pimp C died. R.I.P.

I have seen several shows at the Warehouse and the acoustics in that place are awful. With that said at least it has air conditioning unlike #'s and a few other places. I nearly died of dehydration at #'s more than once. I could never figure out why bands kept coming back to play at that place in summer.

And your right about Dallas being a better place for shopping. Houston has become a shopping destination for rich people from all over South America. If you have been to the Galleria then you know what I'm talking about.

Saw The Roots at Warehouse a few nights ago. Everything at Warehouse, layout, bar, restrooms, location (next to Lucky's), cleanliness, etc. is better than all the other venues in town, except of course for the most important thing, acoustics.

I heard Neko Case sing there (with NP) last last year. I thought the mic and speakers were going to melt or explode. Inexcusable for such a nice place.

I have seen several shows at the Warehouse and the acoustics in that place are awful. With that said at least it has air conditioning unlike #'s and a few other places. I nearly died of dehydration at #'s more than once. I could never figure out why bands kept coming back to play at that place in summer.

And your right about Dallas being a better place for shopping. Houston has become a shopping destination for rich people from all over South America. If you have been to the Galleria then you know what I'm talking about.

Yea your right about the Warehouse but artist keep coming back. To me it's one of those be grateful for what you've got sort of things, but please tell me what spots you go to when your in Houston. I'm not much of a night life person but I'm up for trying new things.

And I have been to the Galleria and I know what your talking about :o