SuperMeetup NYC

braid

ill be in NY a few days next week , if anyone wants to meetup just holla.

im moving there for a year or so come late aug so if anyone has advice on finding a place id love to hear it. craigslist seems to have alot of bait and switch?

ill be in NY a few days next week , if anyone wants to meetup just holla.

im moving there for a year or so come late aug so if anyone has advice on finding a place id love to hear it. craigslist seems to have alot of bait and switch?

best to look 2 weeks before the start of a new month since most move in dates are the 1st of the month.

CL is a good start. Most list great apt to reel you in and show you shittier ones. Don't even believe them when they say this is the only one they have left. Threaten to walk away, say shit like "This is not what I was interested int". 9 out of 10 times they'll call you back telling you somehow another listing became available.

If you choose to work with a broker, haggle the shit out of them, same with owners actually. The market is shit in general for them, so you can use it to your advantage.

http://nymag.com/guides/cheap-living/apartment-hunt/

tourist spot, i would stay away. i heard the food is nothing great and service sucks.

Yeah I ended up not going. Went to Freemans instead. Fucking delicious. Great cocktails, but a long wait (~1 hr) for a table for 2 at like 745.

I've gotten both done in Brooklyn for not too much. The bad news is that the laundry place I used to go to burned down, so that doesn't help too much, and hair cuts .. you can go most places in brooklyn and they won't be more than $50 (for guys at least), there was also some thread about going to places in chinatown.

I've gotten both done in Brooklyn for not too much. The bad news is that the laundry place I used to go to burned down, so that doesn't help too much, and hair cuts .. you can go most places in brooklyn and they won't be more than $50 (for guys at least), there was also some thread about going to places in chinatown.

last hair cut i got was $12 at a barber shop.

last hair cut i got was $12 at a barber shop.

Right, if you go to a barber shop, it won't cost much of anything, if you go to a salon, then it won't cost more than $50

any (other) canadians who live here - they are opening up a tim's horton in times square in august. it almost makes it worthwhile to go there, but really not.

I'll stop filling up the thread now

can anyone put me up on their couch/floor/in the closet for a couple days? gonna be in town wednesday-monday i think, i think i have somewhere for at least a couple of those days but im not sure if its for the whole time or not. i'll do dishes or buy you pizza or get someone to give u a handjobby.

Freeman's sporting club is my spot of choice. Dudes are mad cool.

Just went in for a trim before a photoshoot, 26.00 for a trim. I believe its 40 for a cut. Cut and shave is like 75. Good products sold there too, picked up Cool Grease XX there which is one of the best japanese products I've ever used. Hard to find in most places.

I got a citation for public urination last night :(

were you pissing on the street? do you think that people *should* be allowed to do so? how about in the subway? or on your front door?

personally i think that pissing on the street is nasty.