Cloak military trenchcoat

Fuuma

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I have the trench. Bought it at the Greene New York store. Retail is 1000+. It's cotten though, so if you're looking for something warmer, I'd look elsewhere. But the cut is amazing and looks fire with a pair of slim jeans and a pair of these:

5081001003_d_4.jpg

--- Original message by djrajio on Oct 11, 2005 04:35 PM

Seems like a lots of guys wear those type of shoes in Japan. I think their kinda queer but cool at the same time. Too bad you'd look like you were cosplaying an Elf with those on.

haha. I've actually never had anyone tell me that I look like an elf. I suppose if you bent the front of the shoe fairly hard, colored them green, and wore some nylon stocking people would. But on the contrary, its very punk/rock/gothic with some dark slim jeans and a fitted t-shirt and always get complements on them. I guess I'm very comfortable with my fashion and tend to be very progressive. *shrug* Maybe most guys are afraid of standing out and rather opt for some dunks?

I tried that cloak on today in Vancouver. Richard Kidd in Gastown carries some of their stuff. All I can say is that I've never tried a better fitting coat in my life. Its heavy, but the quality is amazing. It retailed for $1308 CND. If I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Edited by TaintedSoul on Oct 12, 2005 at 02:52 PM

That's a nice jacket. I've looked around on the net but I can't seem to find that jacket. I know its called a walking night sueded cotton twill coat. I found a short version of it on eluxury.com but I can't seem to find this one. Can anyone help me out?

TIA.

Suffering from a jean and shoe addiction....

They would definately have it or be able to order it for you at any of the Marc Jacobs stores, but you live in Canada. I don't think you will be able to find it online. Maybe call one of the Marc Jacobs stores and inquire about Canadian retailers?

Edited by 134 on Oct 12, 2005 at 05:17 PM

Link to the Cloak trench works for me, try http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-CLOAK-NYC-HOMME-RUNWAY-TRENCH-COAT-DIOR_W0QQitemZ8343186062QQcategoryZ57988QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way, I just noticed that yoox.com is way cheaper when shopping from France (maybe EU) :

When I click the link I see �562 which is $673 ! When selecting United States the price grows up to $828 !

Edited by emuRay on Oct 18, 2005 at 01:28 PM

Quote:

Link to the Cloak trench works for me, try "]http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-CLOAK-NYC-HOMME-RUNWAY-TRENCH-COAT-DIOR_W0QQitemZ8343186062QQcategoryZ57988QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]

By the way, I just noticed that yoox.com is way cheaper when shopping from France (maybe EU) :

When I click the link I see €562 which is $673 ! When selecting United States the price grows up to $828 !

--- Original message by emuRay on Oct 13, 2005 01:18 PM

It says the page is not responding for me. icon_smile_sad.gif

Suffering from a jean and shoe addiction....

Quote:

Alfredo Bannister. It's a Japanese shoe label. Have two pairs, one in white and one in black. Alas, they are only sold in Japan. Around $250-270. Thinking of getting these boots for winter:

5081005004_d_5.jpg

--- Original message by djrajio on Oct 11, 2005 04:44 PM

>> Alas, they are only sold in Japan

Actually you can get them in London, at Designworks in Broadwick Street (Soho). They don't have the whole line, but I've seen quite a few there. Not my cup of tea, although on the right person they can look good. Designworks is a Japanese/UK collab with the Japanese fashion chain Abahouse; they have some cool stuff there, but it's not really in the same league as, say, Comme des Garcons.