Food and things to do in San Diego?

Dangydang

Gonna be visiting San Diego with my girlfriend at the end of this month for 5 days. We'll be staying in downtown SD and will most likely rent a car as well. Anyone have any recommendations for good eats from cheap to moderately priced? We're open to all types of cuisines. While we're there we're also going to be celebrating my girlfriend's birthday so I'm also looking for a nicer place to take her for her birthday dinner - any suggestions for this?

Also if you guys have any recommendations for activities, shopping, places to visit, etc, please hook it up.

Thanks!

Gaslamp quarters. This is pretty much where everything is at. You'll get bars, restaurants, clubs, sort of the "place to be" in SD in terms of things to do. Take Front Street towards Civic Center off of the 5 south and you'll soon find yourself in the middle. Keep in mind though, the restaurants there are a wee bit on the pricier side. Probably the place you wanna be for the birthday dinner.

A place close to that is Little Italy. That area has some really killer Italian food, some of the best pasta/pizza I've ever had. Theres a place called Fillipi's at 1747 India St, San Diego, CA 92101. I recently had a meal with 4 other buddies and ended up paying around 8 bucks each for dinner. Thats pretty damn cheap if you ask me.

If your girl is into it, theres a place called Extraodrinary Desserts where girls get giddy over. I don't think its that great but she might think differently. You can look that up on google, but its pretty much the same area as Little Italy.

You can always hit up one of the beaches around SD. If you wanna drive a wee bit (don't know where you'll be in SD), La Jolla has some awesome beaches around their cliffs. I didn't really recommend any eateries there cause its pretty damn expensive, but La Jolla is ranked probably one of the most expensive cities in the country, so don't be startled.

Lots of little boutiques scattered around the gaslamp quarters, but all in all, enjoy yourself, San Diego is a great place to be. Hope your girl has a good birthday and you guys have a good trip.