Talkin' about stinky denim

masuerte

I just got my second pair of stinky denim, cloaks dark greys. They smell like the Dior Raw Black denims :(.

I gotta say I'll never get used to the whole black sulfur dye smell. I don't know if washing will do anything but I'd still rather avoid it. How do you guys handle this?

So far the only stinky sulfur denims I know of are:

Cloak Grey Raws

Dior Black Raw

Imperial Blacks

If it's dry and black denim do I automatically assume it will sulfur-stink?

edit: here's another post summing up a short discussion on it... http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96008&postcount=141

I aired it out and it smells a bit better. I've been wearing most of my raws for about a bit over a year unwashed and I rotate it well enough so none of them smell aside from the black sulfur dyed ones. The sulfur smell is stronger in the summer months too, so I end up wearing them only during cold seasons (which makes sense considering the color).

You should go see a doctor; your sense of smell is impaired. Black Diors and black dukes do not smell anything like sulfur.

impaired?

i'd say it's highly sensitive.

yo, a lot of people can't taste the bitter almond taste of potassium cyanide.

doesn't mean that their taste is impaired.

impaired?

i'd say it's highly sensitive.

yo, a lot of people can't taste the bitter almond taste of potassium cyanide.

doesn't mean that their taste is impaired.

I don't have much to say to this except that I was being hyperbolic and was banking on the phenomenon of being able to sell the trace amounts of sulfur being relatively rare. I can't imagine the smell being strong enough so that it is bothersome, considering that I can't smell it at all even when I hold the fabric close to my nose.

You guys have a phenomenal, super-human sense of smell :o

nudies black selvage smelled bad, then went away, then when i washed them again came back twofold. bummed, havent worn them in sofa king long.

i kinda got used to the smell and . . .maybe . . . like it now? weirdo status?

speaking of smells, I kind of got addicted (over time) to the starchy smell of raw denim that's only been washed or soaked once.

Whenever I start a new pair it brings back good memories about other pairs. It's kind of like how I grew to like the fuzziness of once washed denim...all part of the process.