---- Need Some 'M-65 Type' Jacket Advice ---

Hey,

I have been looking for a jacket similar to an M-65 military design for a long-ass time and can never find any decent looking ones that fit well. The ones at military surpluses are wide as hell, fit horribly, and are a little too simple on the design. Anyone know of any lightweight, nice-fitting M-65's, or any other lightweight jacket with the same type of collar and cargo pockets?? I don't really care about the color, as long as it looks nice and fits well. I have been looking forever!!!!!! Please Help!!!!!!!!! icon_smile_sad.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I started this thread and don't know what the hell happened when I pressed 'post'

Anyways,

I have been looking for a long-ass time for an M-65 type military jacket. The ones that I have found at surplus stores are always too loose, wide, and generally fit like hell, plus the design is a little too bland. Anyone have any suggestions on a lightweight version of the jacket, or anything with a similar collar and cargo pockets?? Know of any designers/brands that make them?? Any help at all would surely be appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Here is an example of one of the boring ones that I am finding all too often;

e9w2le.jpg

Edited by englandmj7 on Oct 5, 2005 at 01:34 PM

I have two plain-ass heavier ones, wool and heavy cotton, but really want an lightweight one with a nicer design. I remember that NBHD had a nice one a while back with a vintage look and some gun logos, etc. on it:Help!!!!

Edited by englandmj7 on Oct 5, 2005 at 01:34 PM

Edited by englandmj7 on Oct 5, 2005 at 01:37 PM

These are my favourite type of jackets. You have the fitting and simple looking dior homme types and the ones from Neighborhood and Hysteric Glamour with all these patches and pins on them. I prefer the latter but if you have the body definately go for the dior ones.

Quote:

Nice Collective makes a m-65 style jacket in brown and grey (I believe). It's heavy and awesome. Goes for like $350.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Oct 5, 2005 02:54 PM

Which one, the "Destroy" one? Have you tried it on in person? How heavy is it?

Hey englandmj7,

Do you have any resources for the "boring" ones like in that pic?

I haven't much luck at surplus stores and I'm scared the ones on eBay are beat to hell.

Any reliable online hookups?

This kind is the one that I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help and good luck!

The Rabbit Of Seville

Quote:

Nice Collective makes a m-65 style jacket in brown and grey (I believe). It's heavy and awesome. Goes for like $350.

I was beginning to think nobody on this board had heard of Nice Co. We carry the jacket you're referring to at my store. Awesome piece, heavy on the detail and quite solidly built w/detachable hood. Looking forward to seeing the new colors.

Quote:

What do you stylemasters think of this field jacket? Sure, its Obey and its sold on Karmaloop, but hey its relatively cheap at $100. Comes in black as well.

OJ0050MILmd.jpg

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=8186&VendorCode=OBE

--- Original message by thedonger on Oct 5, 2005 02:59 PM

that jackets obviously a wank fit... why else would the model have to hold the bottom of the jacket in to make it slimmer?

wackness

Nobody -

I actually got my first one from American Eagle believe it or not, but it is a little long and not very slim fitting. Cheap as hell too $50 on e-bay last year. I also got another one from Topshop, it is wool and was $100. Came out last year but I don't think they have it anymore. Otherwise....most of my local Army Surplus stores carry the one I put the pic up of.

Thanks for the responsea everyone!! The Dior m65 is sick as hell, but I am sure I would never locate one. I am trying to find something cheaper and very lightweight, something that I can throw over a t-shirt and not be too hot in LA weather........I see them for girls at almost every store for like $50, but cant ever find a guys one........

Quote:
Quote:

I was beginning to think nobody on this board had heard of Nice Co. We carry the jacket you're referring to at my store. Awesome piece, heavy on the detail and quite solidly built w/detachable hood. Looking forward to seeing the new colors.

--- Original message by Circa on Oct 5, 2005 10:19 PM

Fantastic, I just sent you guys an email. Could you tell me how much it costs? I'm gonna be up to Toronto in about a week or two and I'd love to pick up this jacket.

Is it sturdy enough for Canadian winter wear?

Quote:
Quote:

What do you stylemasters think of this field jacket? Sure, its Obey and its sold on Karmaloop, but hey its relatively cheap at $100. Comes in black as well.

OJ0050MILmd.jpg

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=8186&VendorCode=OBE

--- Original message by thedonger on Oct 5, 2005 02:59 PM

that jackets obviously a wank fit... why else would the model have to hold the bottom of the jacket in to make it slimmer?

wackness

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Oct 5, 2005 11:23 PM

According to their support the fit is supposed to be very snug, I emailed them about this last week, but I don't know

I really love the Dior jacket, but it's way to expensive, but it looks neat never the less.

The M-65 that Nice Co carries, do anyone of you guys have a picture of it?

If the fit is slim I might get myself one of those

;-(~~

Unis makes some great M65 styled jackets, at least it did for A/W 2004/2005. Slim (I am a slim 40R, and the medium fit me perfectly) but warm (extra layer inside, don't know how they did it,) cool details at the sleeves and shoulders (a modified raglan shoulder) and super heavy duty stitching, snaps, and zippers, and it looks like the real deal, and pretty much as durable (I am always looking at real surplus stuff), but just a lot better fitting. Retailed in Boston for $250, so I expect retail in NYC or LA is about $280 or so. Came in grey and olive. Phone Unis to see if they are doing it again. A lot of their pieces come out year after year...

it's good to finally see a relevant thread for once. i think the whole "what are you wearing, should i wash my jeans, check out these collabo vans, do these jeans make my ass look good, what is streetwear" type threads have dominated for far too long.

anyway, dries van noten has been making m-65 style jackets (US and German) for years now. not cheap, but less than dior. agreed, the nice collectives are probably your best bet. also, it wouldn't hurt to lurk on ebay for a while.