---- Need Some 'M-65 Type' Jacket Advice ---

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No lie: every surplus shop I go to either has brand new "M-65 style" jackets, or some garbage that just won't do. For whatever reason, I'm not feeling these new joints. I find the material is way too coarse and I don't think it's the same jacket at all. I'd like to find a nice used one. One where the collar still stands up. The photo that englandmj7 posted is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a size small. Can any of you dudes help out? Anyone have any reliable sources online? Tracking and checking army surplus store wears on the skin pretty quickly.

I did check cheaperthandirt.com and majorsurplusnsurvival.com (thanks Miguel) but they aren't coming through.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

The Rabbit Of Seville

Quote:

No lie: every surplus shop I go to either has brand new "M-65 style" jackets, or some garbage that just won't do. For whatever reason, I'm not feeling these new joints. I find the material is way too coarse and I don't think it's the same jacket at all. I'd like to find a nice used one. One where the collar still stands up. The photo that englandmj7 posted is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a size small. Can any of you dudes help out? Anyone have any reliable sources online? Tracking and checking army surplus store wears on the skin pretty quickly.

I did check cheaperthandirt.com and majorsurplusnsurvival.com (thanks Miguel) but they aren't coming through.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

--- Original message by Nobody on Oct 7, 2005 09:06 PM

The jacket in the photo you're referring to is available from www.rangersurplus.com. They have several stores in my area...need to check them out sometime.

Plenty of jackets like the one in the opening post at Waterloo square market here in Amsterdam. Same goes for Antwerp, Berlin and London if I recall correctly. You pay around EUR 10,- for a new one in Am*dam - the worn out ones (usually better looking) are around 20. Lots of models as well from armies around the world. I bought a new one for EUR 7,50 last summer (2004) and put it in the dryer for 5 runs. Looks good.

That Dior jacket is still fresh to death. Already saw it pass by on this forum.. tight.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Quote:

I think this military-inspired tweed jacket by OneTrueSaxon is dope...Digitalgravel carries it.

http://www.digitalgravel.com/itemdetails.cfm?prod=6885&cat=7&vndr=all#

Edited by thedonger on Oct 11, 2005 at 10:08 AM

--- Original message by thedonger on Oct 11, 2005 10:07 AM

just going to post that, i really dig it.

this is mine, as promised.

51604379_286d83530f.jpg

51604378_b60236d287.jpg

this jacket is all about the details. beautiful tweed lining, beaded zipper pull ect.

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

my favourite things.

Edited by kyl on Oct 11, 2005 at 10:16 AM

Edited by kyl on Oct 11, 2005 at 10:17 AM

I don't know how good these are, but I just saw some M-65 jackets (by Marc Jacobs) at the Loehmann's in Mountain View CA. Lined and 100% cotton. In a washed black or very dark grey. The price tag had "35F05" on it, which I guess means the jackets are from the Fall 2005 run.