mtv and music?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

seriously:

do you people still buy cd's? is this the reason mtv is so bad these days, becuase its not worth making that many music videos?

mtv is all teen sorority dating shows now.

vh1 is all 80's / early 90's flashbacks

I buy albums (LPs) all the time. I only buy the CD if it doesn't come out on vinyl. MTV is shit, but it for the most part always has. It is just that now they realize who their crowd is. Preteens and teens.. hence all the big crap.

I do that too, but if i already know the band and i am anticipating the albums release i will just buy the record.

Quote:

MTV is turning your daughters, and little sisters, into whores.

I've seen them at the mall.

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Oct 3, 2005 12:11 AM

He's right. I've seen your daughters too.

And did them. MTV told them it was socially acceptable.

- drew

eusgro drender

thats the truth . . mtv is one big commercial geared to sell whores and frat boys things to make them bigger whores and frat boys . . . .

if you have some time check out this brilliant frontline look behind the scenes at how corporate media is selling you the shit they convince you is cool via the mtv & co. machine. . . wouldn't guess most people here watch that crap, but same model applies to all sorts of shit products . . enjoy.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/view/

Quote:

I buy tons of CDs. You don't listen to good music.

--- Original message by minya on Oct 2, 2005 08:40 PM

right.

people who complain about the current music sucking are not looking hard enough. Fuck major labels for putting out wack artists. theres tons of talented musicians out there if you probably just havent discovered them yet.

www.nextselection.net

www.ryanleslie.com

www.cassieworld.com

Last time I watched MTV it was some dating show where some nerd was coached by a cool guy. The nerd was a sneaker head, and wore some black Supreme Dunk lows on his date, but with some really shitty denim, and a terrible shirt! Safe to say, he was completely incapable of talking to girls.

Then on the next show a black girl called her boyfriend and it was the same nerd!

Quote:
Quote:

I buy tons of CDs. You don't listen to good music.

--- Original message by minya on Oct 2, 2005 08:40 PM

right.

people who complain about the current music sucking are not looking hard enough. Fuck major labels for putting out wack artists. theres tons of talented musicians out there if you probably just havent discovered them yet.

--- Original message by TheRidiculousguy on Oct 3, 2005 08:19 AM

son