WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

why do we care so much about our clothes? why do we look down apon trends and people.

people who follow trends, wear old navy, etc are perfectly happy and smart?

why do we like tees imported from japan?

everyone has somethign that interests them dear dctmfc. for some poeple it is collecting stamps, for others its killing people, for us it is just denim, its not that we are super self conscious about how we look at every waking moment, we just find the art of denim interestng. it isnt the art of how do i look in this, how can i get laid in this, how can i look cool in this, its justwearing somethign that you find interesting. its just another hobby that you wear on your body

chwa?

Quote:

everyone has somethign that interests them dear dctmfc. for some poeple it is collecting stamps, for others its killing people, for us it is just denim, its not that we are super self conscious about how we look at every waking moment, we just find the art of denim interestng. it isnt the art of how do i look in this, how can i get laid in this, how can i look cool in this, its justwearing somethign that you find interesting. its just another hobby that you wear on your body

--- Original message by Corbin Law on Oct 2, 2005 04:27 PM

i dunno about you, but i think for alot of us its more than just denim.

Every time i get a new pair of selvedge denim I feel like tom cruise in Jerry Maquire. I look at them and just say, "You complete me."

And then they say, "You had me at hello."

yada yada yada

I don't think hating trends necessarilly means we are breaking away from the norms that society dictates. Our society is a capitalist society, so at the very least they want us to consume. being different would be to stop buying so much clothes. Yep, that means no more nike dunks, levis LVC, supreme t-shirts, etc, etc. I think selegna said it best when he said we are all a bunch of assholes. I would only add that we are all a bunch of pretentious assholes. Too cool for school, but trying not to be. right?