Jakarta

soundune

it's not worth shopping in jakarta, pretty much overpriced and not many selections

unless ur going for local designers ... and i doubt you want to buy stuff from local designers

you need to have a car (or use taxi) to go from places to places

but shops bars and clubs in jakarta are scattered all over the place so using car/taxi is a must

trendiest spot would be somewhere around kemang

im not really up to date anymore with cool places and such, maybe someone else can help you

I spent a while being led around Jakarta by an ex; we weren't doing the club/bar thing too much, but good street food wherever we were. I enjoyed the place, reminded me of LA in a manner. I did not enjoy having the car searched for bombs whenever we went to an upscale, public place.

I spent a while being led around Jakarta by an ex; we weren't doing the club/bar thing too much, but good street food wherever we were. I enjoyed the place, reminded me of LA in a manner. I did not enjoy having the car searched for bombs whenever we went to an upscale, public place.

any specific places to check out street food? Or is it pretty good all over?

clubs: public,X2,etc--->senayan,,,nuchina-->kemang

restaurant:birdcage-->wijaya,,,Tabac,casa--->kemang

shops:club21-->kemang,,,707--->citos

name of place are before the arrow,you can said the place and road name to taxi driver and he will be know it..

check out these stores:

CAPITAL(nice local stuffs) : JL. Panglima polim No.67c, Jakarta Selatan

707ANNEX : Cilandak Town Square / CITOS, 1st floor no.156

Nanonine(some nice local stuffs) : Jl. Tebet Utara Dalam No 11, phone: 02183794487

dun really know any good fashion shop there besides the obvious huge malls like TA, senayan city and grand indonesia ...

street food there are great and maybe should try this seafood place called Pondok laguna ... the address is this Jl Batu Tulis Raya No 45-47. havent been there for years but for me thats one of the best seafood place

• 10 months later...