BAPE-mania???

rakis

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Getting Bape is no stupider than all these denim homos droolin' over expensive jeans.

--- Original message by frogeyes on Sep 28, 2005 08:24 PM

Not to totally defend the denim love on this forum but if,as was said earlier, Bape really is nothing special quality-wise, then there is a difference.

The reason ppl on this board like japanese denim is the effort and quality that goes into them. Not the fact that they're limited edition or have some stupid shark teeth on them.

But you know what? To each his own...

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Sep 29, 2005 08:14 AM

not to mention the high price is alot different when comapred. some of us may buy expensive jeans and whatnot but im pretty sure nobody on here would pay 3 times retail for a pair of dior jeans. even with that aside those hoodies are about the same price as dior jeans normally... something isnt right about that.

--- Original message by adsurgo on Sep 29, 2005 09:24 AM

Exactly. And with expensive denim like the brands talked about on this board, there is that quality to the fabric, meticulous attention to details like treatments...even with Dior jeans, they're probably as expensive as that hoodie but at least the tailoring/cut of the pants justifies the price (to an extent, i do realize that a lot of the money is going for the fact it's Dior)...with Bape clothing there's no tailoring, interesting fabric, or any trace of 'design' at all. It's just basic street clothes whose price is shot up 1000% because of marketing.

• 4 months later...

I bought a blue camo BAPE hoodie from the NYC store last year, my friend is a designer and she measured my hoodie... surprisingly.. you would think bape is made in japan! and automatically think its the most awesome quality in the world.. well the waist cuff's when you measure it, it is no striaght at all.. its actually wavy.... the shoulder measurements.. holy shit, its totally off.. the right is longer than the left.. paid close to $300 and the quality is not the greatest..

some of you guys are just ignorant...

why buy expensive clothes when clothes at wal mart do the same?

why buy an expensive car when a cheap daewoo can get u to A to B?

why buy a diamond platinum watch when a cheap watch can do the same?

u ppl make me sick.... its different styles for different ppl, learn to respect others and stop bitching and deal with it.

u ppl bitch about... oh...brand A has better fit than brand B, STFU if u look good in it u look good, clothing has a nice cut is all BS, if you're a fat Fk than no good cutting will look good on u

then others will say... oh... i wouldnt pay whatever amount for bape because of the designs... well... the same could be said to ppl who drool over some other brands with A SINGLE BLACK COLOR as a design on the article of clothing... BIG FKIN WOOP...

i just dont get this whole HATE ON BAPE sht n the ppl who wear bape... if ppl like to wear sht thats fruity... let it be, if ppl like to dress in dry slim cut jeans that look extremely homo... then good for them

Quote:

i could never justify spending the night in london on the street waiting for a hoody with teeth on it.. never, ever. i would be willing to bet that most of them were resellers anyways.

nigo should bring out a bape x kaws x marvel x pharrel sleeping bag.. could make himself to serious cash

--- Original message by dr zeus on Sep 29, 2005 09:59 AM

hahaha! shit, thats a good one man