australia :: brisbane :: general

simcoo

sort of depends what you class as off the beaten track... carindale rsl is very off the beaten track but probs not what you're looking for.

all the usual haunts are rics, bowery, upstairs at rosies on an early saturday night, fat louies on fridays between 5-7pm happy hour.. really depends on what you're looking to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What shows? There is so many, it's ridiculous.

Seeing Animal Collective, Why?, Yacht, Future of the Left, Joanna Newsom, Camera Obscura, Yo La Tengo, Health, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Pavement and maybe some others. Going to Sunset, Big Day Out and Laneway too. Will probably also go and listen to David Sedaris at the Tiv.

= I AM BROKE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know any places with half decent/popular on teh intarnetz denim brands? Other than Apartment and maybe Dirtbox.

I was waiting for Apartment to stock up on the APC raw denim cuts, but yeah... I'm aiming for sub $200, so I just want to try stuff on.

I'm looking for not-so-tight thighs and tapered towards bottom, so I think I'm looking at N&F Weird Guys atm.

I'm fairly sure you just named the two stores with denimzzz. Maybe try Outpost in the valley? Pretty sure they have N&F. laced are apparently planning on getting N&F. The store i work in (won't say due to the embarrassment that may(will) occur), was thinking about stocking it, but i'd say it's unlikely.

I think the outpost just stocks Cheap Monday for their denim, and denim doesn't seem like something Blonde Venus would stock but idk, never been in there before.

I'm gonna take a guess at the store - General Pants?

I remember when they started stocking Cheap Monday and Dr. Denim and people started crying about losing their indie cred...