simcoo

australia :: brisbane :: general

was definitely not impressed with x+y.

any good places you could recommend? preferably off the beaten path.

All Brisbanites need to check out The Last Dinosaurs. They're like indie/j-pop and seriously the best current Brisbane rock band (FUCK ykb).

http://www.myspace.com/wearelastdinosaurs

Oh, and regarding best steak in town; check out Embers on Park Road - NEVER get tired of that place!

sort of depends what you class as off the beaten track... carindale rsl is very off the beaten track but probs not what you're looking for.

all the usual haunts are rics, bowery, upstairs at rosies on an early saturday night, fat louies on fridays between 5-7pm happy hour.. really depends on what you're looking to do.

sort of depends what you class as off the beaten track... carindale rsl is very off the beaten track but probs not what you're looking for.

obviously. was thinking places worth visiting.

didnt really expect there to be any i didnt already know about.

hey guys. does anyone know where joe richards on elizabeth street has moved to?

George the tailor there worked wonders for a couple of suits of mine.

hi guys,

i'll be heading to brisbane during the xmas period..will be my 1st trip there..

any stores which i shud checkout?

any nice places which i shudnt miss out?

thanks!

What shows? There is so many, it's ridiculous.

Seeing Animal Collective, Why?, Yacht, Future of the Left, Joanna Newsom, Camera Obscura, Yo La Tengo, Health, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Pavement and maybe some others. Going to Sunset, Big Day Out and Laneway too. Will probably also go and listen to David Sedaris at the Tiv.

= I AM BROKE

shoes, shows.

might run into you at a few of those.

Mono blew my mind. cant really describe how amazing it was.

I got offered a free ticket to that, but had to pass because of a family party!

What are you doing for new year's? Am completely lost for ideas and don't want to be stuck just heading out hah.

im thinking of going up to woodford for NYE. I dont really wanna be stuck doing something lame in the city/valley either.

^ Haha that is so true. Brisbane: glorified country town.

hey guys, just moved to brisbane two days ago, anybody wanna be my tour guide for the next few days? haha.brisbane is nice, not too crowded, just the right amount of ppl.

cheers

[email protected] being the only person in this thread for the past 6 months... didn't even know it existed.

I wonder what I'm gonna do for the next few days/weeks...

I didn't know there was a Brisbane thread either. I guess I will contribute if this thread is somewhat active?

how about all that water eh?

know of any good spots that got hit badly? Apartment on Elizabeth street is apparently in a bad way

Yeh I can only imagine. Sucks too cause those guys are super nice.

Anyone know any places with half decent/popular on teh intarnetz denim brands? Other than Apartment and maybe Dirtbox.

I was waiting for Apartment to stock up on the APC raw denim cuts, but yeah... I'm aiming for sub $200, so I just want to try stuff on.

I'm looking for not-so-tight thighs and tapered towards bottom, so I think I'm looking at N&F Weird Guys atm.

I'm fairly sure you just named the two stores with denimzzz. Maybe try Outpost in the valley? Pretty sure they have N&F. laced are apparently planning on getting N&F. The store i work in (won't say due to the embarrassment that may(will) occur), was thinking about stocking it, but i'd say it's unlikely.

Oh please tell us the store - there's no such thing as embarrassment on the internet!

I woulda thought Blonde Venus over the Outpost but who knows. Pretty sure Apartment is still closed since getting fukkd up by the floods though...

I think the outpost just stocks Cheap Monday for their denim, and denim doesn't seem like something Blonde Venus would stock but idk, never been in there before.

I'm gonna take a guess at the store - General Pants?

I remember when they started stocking Cheap Monday and Dr. Denim and people started crying about losing their indie cred...

Nah you might be surprised by Outpost/BV these days - the guy that owns them (can't remember his name) has stepped it up a bit with denim as I recall.