Dior Homme Jeans Fit?

verb

I'm currently looking for a pair of distressed or raw (probably raw because I don't have $500 to blow on a pair of jeans... yet) Dior Homme jeans on ebay and although the selection is small, there are a few auctions in my size. I wear a 33 in Levi's and read via a few ebay auctions that Dior jeans are generally 1-2 sizes above their listed waist size (e.g. 32 tag but measures 34).

Can anyone help me out with stretch values on these jeans? I'm a bit worried buying a 32 that measures 34 when raw because I wear a tight 34/loose 33 and don't want to pick them up then find that they've stretched 2" ala APC.

Quote:

i'm interested too, quite liking these:

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=42I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=143

normally I wear a 32, what should I choose? Also, Dior Homme Sneakers, how do they fit?

--- Original message by tazmaniac on Sep 25, 2005 08:29 AM

Most of the ebay auctions seem to run 2 sizes larger than the tag (31->33/34) on the raw denim but the washes are very hit or miss. I couldn't bring myself to spend all my rent money on a pair so I guess I'll be holding off for now icon_smile_dead.gif. Hopefully a steal pops up on ebay next month because those raws look soooo nice.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

I'm currently looking for a pair of distressed or raw (probably raw because I don't have $500 to blow on a pair of jeans... yet) Dior Homme jeans on ebay and although the selection is small, there are a few auctions in my size. I wear a 33 in Levi's and read via a few ebay auctions that Dior jeans are generally 1-2 sizes above their listed waist size (e.g. 32 tag but measures 34).

Can anyone help me out with stretch values on these jeans? I'm a bit worried buying a 32 that measures 34 when raw because I wear a tight 34/loose 33 and don't want to pick them up then find that they've stretched 2" ala APC.

--- Original message by verb on Sep 24, 2005 08:34 PM

For future reference, I'm about the same waist size (32-33...i wear a 33 in Levi's), and Dior jeans in a 31 fit perfect when i first got em, but stretched pretty fast and now i gotta wear a belt to keep them up. The 30 would've been a better option probably, but the leg was too tight on those considering the ones i got were the regular leg 21 cm model. For the tight leg, 19 cm model i'd say those fit true to actual waist size.

do you guys have any idea how far the stretch was on the raw black denim 19cm leg as well as cost from the Dior store itself? My friend is heading by the shop in NYC for me but wants to know how much they cost in advance, and I'd like to narrow down the sizing. At the moment I'm thinking maybe a size 32 waist, 19cm in hopes that they'll stretch about an inch.

My current favorite jeans are Allsons which I wear very low on the hips (slightly above dior level) in 34 w/o washing and they require a belt, so i'm thinking a 32 stretched to 33 would be ideal.

Quote:
Quote:

Dior Homme sneakers fit like Converse Chuck Taylors...

Edited by baizilla on Sep 25, 2005 at 10:19 AM

--- Original message by baizilla on Sep 25, 2005 10:19 AM

Except theyre much larger and not at all like Taylors. Buy the hightops, they rule.

--- Original message by skecr8r on Sep 25, 2005 11:12 AM

yeah.. but we're talking about the fit.. not how they look :)

My friend is heading to Manhattan to purchase a pair of these for me tomorrow so I just wanted to double check opinions on sizing before I go through with this:

Dior Homme Black Raw (Unwashed) Denim Jeans

Leg Opening: 19cm

Waist Size: 32

The idea is that the 32 is a true to size marking with the 19cm leg opening (i will have him double check this by having an employee measure the waist just in case) and will stretch to a 33 waist after a day or two of wear. This should keep them low on my hips but not baggy enough to require a belt (like 34's would).

Could anyone who already owns a pair of the dry 19cm's verify that this is the proper size for me to purchase? He's doing me a huge favor and going way out of his way so I don't want to fuck him by making him go back + return them if they're too big.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

What the hell were they thinking pairing up a pair of Diors with some bulky ass Nike Shox. At least make the jeans a bit more flattering!

0240.JPG

--- Original message by Dangydang on Sep 25, 2005 11:22 AM

yeah when i saw those pics of the jeans with those shoes i was like wtf...but the jeans in that pic are growing on me, i didn't like 'em much at first but they look quite good when worn. Might cop myself a pair if there's any left when I hit NYC in November. Does anyone who has a pair of these jeans know about what happens after you wash them? Do those creases/wrinkles on the thigh go away, or do they stay intact? I don't wanna drop $475 for a pair of jeans that's gonna look like my regular raw denims after a wash.

sorry to bring this up again, but i have now figured out that wearing a 32/33 normally in jeans, I'll go for the 31 dior in 21 cm opening, right? but I am still unsure about the sneaks. someone told me they fit really big, which scares me a bit. For example in Gucci shoes, I have to go down a size to 40 from 41, which I wear normally, so my feet aren't very big

Quote:

Hey Verb,

What were the prices on the dry dior like?

I'm heading to NYC next month and wondering if I should start budgeting for a purchase...

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Sep 27, 2005 10:16 AM

The employees there are total dicks and get flustered if you ask them to go into the back more than once on a phone call so plan your order out in advance. Also, they run VERY low stock on the raw denim (the guy couldnt find anything between a 28 and a 33 for me in 19cm or 21cm).

Looks like I need to track down a friend in vegas.

Quote:

please guys help me out, i reallly wanna place this order

greets taz

--- Original message by tazmaniac on Sep 28, 2005 04:34 PM

Sorry, I missed your post.

I'm not sure about sneakers but here is what I've seen from ebay and threads on this forum in regards to the jeans:

Only the 19cm's fit true to size, the 21cm's tend to stretch 1-2 inches depending on your luck. After that, you will be seeing 1-1.5 inches of stretch again because they're dry. I would recommend the following:

19cm - 29" (tight) or 30" (regular fit)

21cm - 27" (tight) or 28" (regular fit)

For extra precaution, I would recommend asking them to measure the actual waist of each of the above then tack on 1-2" to find its 'eventual size.' Because you won't be machine-washing these jeans, you don't have to worry about them shrinking. Hope this helps, I'll check back in a few hrs if you have any more questions.

the Dior store is an embarrassment to the company...they are ALWAYS out of stock of certain things. If you don't find what you want at the Dior store, try Saks which has a fairly large collection, Jeffrey's which has a decent sized collection or Bergdorf which has a small collection I think. I am trying to hunt down this coat I've seen but the Dior store says they sold out and have no plans to restock...I dont' get it, at this rate they'll have empty shelves by November and still they have no plans to restock anything?? What are they going to do, open a store with nothing in it?

I have a pair of the dry black denim. Haven't worn it enough to get an accurate assessment of the stretch but the guy who sold it to me showed me his pair -- he assured me that they will stretch a lot because he is supposedly an avid soccer player and indeed the jeans he was wearing had stretched out to accomodate his "soccer thighs".

Guest Fade to Black

yeah the Dior store isn't the greatest, every time I go there it seems none of the good items I want are stocked, maybe the stuff just flies off the racks way too fast. The sales people are alright, never had a problem with any of them although I've found Andy to be the friendliest.

Saks' Dior Homme concession is basically a mini boutique...it's better than the Barneys Dior section and I hear they're gonna expand it soon, so that's definitely the best alternative to the DH flagship. Jeffrey's is kinda weird, when I went to NY during S/S 05 they had all casual stuff and not as much tailored wear (well I guess that collection was more of a laid-back/dressed down vibe anyway), but for A/W 05-06 it seems all they got is suits, cords, and coats, definitely catering to a more mature audience. I'm also not a fan of how the sales there are constantly following you and tryin hard to push their merchandise, it's a bit too in your face for my tastes.

thanks verb, It feels so weird to order a 30 when you normally wear a 32/33... I asked them to tell me more about the sizing, also of the sneakers, but they are not very responsive. I can't decide between 30 and 31 on the 21cm jeans, and have no clue about the sneaks, maybe I have to go to paris and try the stuff on...

Verb,

Hoping you can help me out here...

Should I be worried if someone (on ebay) is quoting me a pair of '04 raw jeans in european sizing (48) rather than US sizing (30") for jeans? Is there a lot of fake DH denim floating around?

Here's his response (in not so good English):

"hi i got the jeans, thry are a size 48 3eh10181018176 and 8276 these are longer leg the leg on short is 19.5 cm or 7.5 inches waist 16.7 inches laying flat. 2)8276 are 21cm wide, and waist 16.7 and will shrink 1.5 and leg 2 let me know witch one you want"