a $3000 cap???!!!

Andy L

that hat oozes OG knowledge to anyone who wore streetwear before the year 2000...you just dont get it

I know you're being some what sarcastic, but it's true.

damn that seller must be happy. prob thought he was gonna get $5 for it.

nah, he probably expected around that much, at least 1,500~

Any of that rare stadium collection stuff goes for stupid amounts of money.... that era polo stuff started (imo) urban/street-wear culture.

nah, he probably expected around that much, at least 1,500~

Any of that rare stadium collection stuff goes for stupid amounts of money.... that era polo stuff started (imo) urban/street-wear culture.

i'm sure he knew judging from his description....

Great condition, great for the beach!
Hello, thanks for your message. I have now received several messages like this one. I promise everyone I will not end this auction early. I don't know what the heck this hat is, but the auction will end legally. I've also been told by someone that people will try and bid high amounts and then not pay, only to make offers after the auction. At this kind person's suggestion, and it's a good one, if the auction ends with the winner not paying for it, it will be relisted immediately! There will be no second chance offers, just relistings! Again, I don't know if the pope wore this hat or something, but it will go to it's completion and end legally. Thanks so much everyone!

i'm sure he knew judging from his description....

oh, i didn't even read any of the questions.

but really, it is great for the beach.

global heirarchy of value.

a small group of individuals (re: Lo Lifes and other various NYC crews) collected what they thought to be the illest gear at the time (1987-1993). Over time, their influence spread and people latched onto it either because they thought it was dope too or wanted to attain those clothing articles of high cultural (or monetary) value for collecting purposes. (I admit that I am one of them- not for $3K and more for the reason that this was the gear that was fashionable when i was coming up but could never afford it)

What Baskew is probably referring to as laying the foundation for urban/streetwear is either the fact that this was one of the first example of people seriously collecting casual/sportswear clothing articles or the fact that many of the Polo designs from this era have been reinterpreted (or ripped off) by recent streetwear companies.

The most recent (and best) case is Supreme. Supreme was probably the second brand that really captured the same essence (in terms of a small group of people assigning high cultural value to clothing and ravenously collecting it) that Polo did from '87 to '93 in the U.S. ( I know Bape and Neighborhood was doing its thing for a while). Even more striking is the fact that it was also happening in NYC. This is what I think is the main reason why Supreme has re-interpreted Polo designs.

Do some basic researching on the internet and you may be able to find pictured examples.

global heirarchy of value.

a small group of individuals (re: Lo Lifes and other various NYC crews) collected what they thought to be the illest gear at the time (1987-1993). Over time, their influence spread and people latched onto it either because they thought it was dope too or wanted to attain those clothing articles of high cultural (or monetary) value for collecting purposes. (I admit that I am one of them- not for $3K and more for the reason that this was the gear that was fashionable when i was coming up but could never afford it)

What Baskew is probably referring to as laying the foundation for urban/streetwear is either the fact that this was one of the first example of people seriously collecting casual/sportswear clothing articles or the fact that many of the Polo designs from this era have been reinterpreted (or ripped off) by recent streetwear companies.

The most recent (and best) case is Supreme. Supreme was probably the second brand that really captured the same essence (in terms of a small group of people assigning high cultural value to clothing and ravenously collecting it) that Polo did from '87 to '93 in the U.S. ( I know Bape and Neighborhood was doing its thing for a while). Even more striking is the fact that it was also happening in NYC. This is what I think is the main reason why Supreme has re-interpreted Polo designs.

Do some basic researching on the internet and you may be able to find pictured examples.

OK... but 3 g's? Naww.

i'm surprised no one mentioned how super close the stadium cap is to supremes summer caps. or whatever they call them.

and 3 g's is actually the norm for either of those caps, the red, white and blue that it came in.

had it been a 7 patch cap, it would have been a super wrap. the polo following is really no joke.

and polo heads don't want your helly hansen jackets.

Fucking A... I missed this chance. How come none of you fools posted this in the Good Finds on Ebay thread. Let's just hope he relists it.

ha! you wish. i contacted the seller and offered him $5k to just sell it to me and not the high bidder. i'm gonna take it to china to get some knock offs made and make a KILLING.

Guest larry

So what your saying is that because supreme copied a polo hat, the original now goes for $3000.00. Thats ridiculous. You were either there or you weren't. Saw Neighbourhood brought out a latin lingo t-shirt and are charging $100.00 for it. Have an original I bought at a show in 91 in the loft as well.

Guest larry

Re-read :)

Its all abit weird if you remember rushing out to get a pair of wallabee clarks after seeing ol' dirty bastard wearing them on the inside inlet of return to 36 chambers.

Haha yeah, that is fucking awesome xD!

He got no idea whats going on haha.

Lol thats some and antique roadshow type sh*t like when they had that million dollar navajo rug and granny was about to sh*t her pants.

As far as that hat goes I never remembered it hitting 3K on ebay. 1K yeah.. but in better condition. If it was a white summer cap (which is compared to being as rare as "seeing the lochness monster getting head from bigfoot" as people on vga have said) it would've been well over that price.