End of snowboard season

baldy

The snow is melting and grass is growing, is anyone else sad that snowboard/ski season is coming to an end? Im making one last attempt this weekend to go to Stratton but that will probably be it for me this year. This was my first year of snowboarding and i went probably every week, im already planning trips to hopefully hit up whistler next year.

• 1 year later...

i need a fucking answer right now

Burton Idiom Select ICS

or

Burton Custom ICS

looking for a versatile board

i'm an intermediate snowboarder (closer to beginner than advanced though)

The snow is melting and grass is growing, is anyone else sad that snowboard/ski season is coming to an end? Im making one last attempt this weekend to go to Stratton but that will probably be it for me this year. This was my first year of snowboarding and i went probably every week, im already planning trips to hopefully hit up whistler next year.

My mountain closed last weekend...it is truly sad. Was a good year.

Whistler's gonna be so busy next year with the olympics..might not be the best year to go if you hate lift lineups. The exchange rate for americans has been good though.

hmmmm

I cannot find ANY review on Burton idiom select 09.

I can get a custom for 250 or idiom for 350...

Triad EST or Cartel EST. Triad sounds easier on my legs but less responsiveness (not that i will be able to tell the difference)

hmmmm

Triad EST or Cartel EST. Triad sounds easier on my legs but less responsiveness (not that i will be able to tell the difference)

i hate those sliders binding thing they have on the idiom. Know so many friends that fucked those up when Forum starting using them back in the days (Forum boards were such shit back then, anyone knows if quality of construction has improved since they've been bought by Burton?).

Anyway, i doubt the Idiom is worth the extra 100 bucks, especially for a rider of your ability (no offense)

also, keep in mind that the Idiom is super narrow while the custom is also quite narrow (i wear US 10.5 and most burton boards are too narrow for me which has always pissed me off as i really hate riding those "wide" board).

I'm sad the season is over, had a really nice week in Whistler in january, but barelly rode after that, this winter was weird, it barelly snowed since like early february.

My boss is currently heli-skiing somewhere in Siberia, soooooo jealous

hmmmm

go with custom + cartel. i was looking at that setup but went cheap when season started because of the price and got seven + custom bindings. should have gotten warhol and cartels.

You want a reverse camber snowboard.

Lib Tech Skate Banana, Capita is making a bunch, actually everyone is making a bunch from what I hear. I never thought some bit of technology could ever make a board that much better than another but reverse camber totally does. I pre-ordered one the day after I rode a Skate Banana

skate bananas are alright, def not the best reverse/zero camber board out there but they were the first. everyone should definitely check out the Burton Custom V Rocker coming out next year, all the versatility of the Custom with the kick ass feel of the reverse camber boards. i had a chance to ride it this year and was sold after taking 1 run on the deck with bindings i had never ridden before. this board is THE SHIT.

Custom. Idiom aint worth the benjamins.

Idiom was the shit back when it was Japan exclusive (and I somehow picked up my Idiom CO2s for less than the standard ones?) now I just see it everywhere. The IDiom board is park specific though so it'll be very flexy (terrible for speed, pow, moguls). And I'd get off the Burton hype, while some of their stuff is good a lot of it is overpriced. Maybe I just dislike burton because they sponsor the place I teach at so everywhere you look are noobs on Customs (while I ride a shitty Morrow I bought as a temp board and never replaced)