After 1 month, im not really satisfied with the progress on my STFs

breakfasteatre

When i meant new i was talking about the new style of 501s. I don't know exactly when they changed, but i am guessing it is sometime around 2000. The older 501 stfs have a back pocket stitching that is shallow and is the same color as the rest of the stitching. the new 501s, that have been selling for atleast the last 3-4 years, have a rather lower back pocket that has a stitching that is slightly yellow and the arc is deeper. I think you have the new ones from the picture, but i can't quite tell. You can tell by seeing if the stitching on the back pocket is the same color as the rest of the stitching on the pocket. Hope this helps. If you look at some stores, like mervyns, JC penneys, etc. sometimes you can find the old version. I found an old pair about 6 months ago in a JC pennys. Hope this helps a bit. I would suggest forking over a couple of bills for the 1947 lvcs. If you wear them for a year straight, then your paying about $15 a month. The difference in quality is enormous!! It sucks to put a lot of hard work into your denim just to get a pair of light blue jeans in the end.

By the way... has anyone noticed whether or not the quality of the new 501 stfs depends on which store you buy them at?

• 8 months later...

"By the way... has anyone noticed whether or not the quality of the new 501 stfs depends on which store you buy them at?"

Not the store as such, but the country of origen does. Dominican Republic STFs have a shorter rise and are better to me than Mexico or Colombia. I never see USA made anymore, sadly.