How many of you cuff their hemm to show...

john11f

Quote:

Personally, I think cuffs only work with dry denim since they're so rigid...it just so happens that most dry denim tends to be selvedge (gross generalization, i know)

Cuffing washed/distressed jeans, to me, just looks like you bought your jeans too long...

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Sep 20, 2005 07:53 PM

I, too just cuffed my selvage but personally have a distaste in cuffing. I asked the question to rationalise having it hemmed.

i have mine hemmed + 1-1.5", then cuff that portion. after first wash, they fit perfectly length wise. so, i cuff for practical purposes, not to show off. you'll never find any cuffing on my old jeans. i buy selvage for me, not for the rest of the world to know.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

i have mine hemmed + 1-1.5", then cuff that portion. after first wash, they fit perfectly length wise. so, i cuff for practical purposes, not to show off. you'll never find any cuffing on my old jeans. i buy selvage for me, not for the rest of the world to know.

--- Original message by darknworn on Sep 20, 2005 09:29 PM

good point.

the nudie RRs have a nice hemm that may not be replicated by my local tailor...

I've been cuffing just the right leg of my jeans since '96 because it was something the whole gang I was in did. Stupid o ya'll probably, but the truth

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

I cuff both my 1947 lvcs and my cane 47s. I typically have about a 2-2.5 in cuff. This is not for selvage show off, but i feel like it gives more of that era look, where working folk cuffed their jeans rather than hemmed them.