90's QB Hip Hop ASIDE From Illmatic/It Was Written Saved My Life!

heBAY

What about PHD though???

I got this one track featuring a young "MC Cor" that'll knock your socks off.

PHD ME...RAPIDLY/RIGHT IN BACK OF ME, TACKLE ME/THEM NIGGAS MAKE LOOT, BUT ONLY HALF OF ME/MY FACULTY BLOW HOLES/In YOUR MOSCHINOS AND TUXEDOS/WHILE ALL YA'LL NIGGAS RELOAD!!!

At this point of the night...that's what PHD is to me...I'm a bit off my game right now.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

"I had to undergo therapy, not surgery

that nigga wetted me, but, he didnt murder me dun"

"She even overlooked the fact about my criminal past

And stayed with me in jail beyond gates visitors passed

No longer is she lettin niggas fuck her just for cash

Whats her name dun"

anyone?

prolly mentioned in earlier pages, shoulda been at least

"I had to undergo therapy, not surgery

that nigga wetted me, but, he didnt murder me dun"

"She even overlooked the fact about my criminal past

And stayed with me in jail beyond gates visitors passed

No longer is she lettin niggas fuck her just for cash

Whats her name dun"

anyone?

prolly mentioned in earlier pages, shoulda been at least

Cormega - Dead Man Walking and American Beauty.

My screen name is actually derived from a Screwball song ( Fuck All Yall Bitch Ass Niggas).

I damn near grew up on this era of hip-hop. Last place I'd expect dudes to be up on it.

One of the first (and still favorite) albums i ever bought:

25514.jpg

still remember the first time I heard TONY like it was yesterday.

"Shoot up ya block to make you know me" ... Noreaga before he got chubby and moved to Miami.

Noreaga's old shit was nuts. The shit he spit throughout that album was great. "Bloody Money" and "Driver's Seat"...can't get any stronger than that in terms of album opening joints. I ALWAYS get happy when I bump that on a summer's eve.

good one on mobb deep im gonna go bump give up the goods right now

and this thread title is on point... hip hop saved my life

Yes. I am on point.

Cormega - Dead Man Walking and American Beauty.

My screen name is actually derived from a Screwball song ( Fuck All Yall Bitch Ass Niggas).

I damn near grew up on this era of hip-hop. Last place I'd expect dudes to be up on it.

Yeah last place I'd expect to see anyone with your username ha. I saw that as I was clicking on this and was buggin'...

Surprisingly enough there are a few thoroughbred cats who play these parts as well. Not just Hip Hop nerds who discuss the significance of a diet of Lil Wayne, Lupe/Kanye, and Aesop Rock/Dilated Peoples.

What about PHD though???

I got this one track featuring a young "MC Cor" that'll knock your socks off.

Haven't bumped any PHD shit in ages. I'm about to break out Without Warning.

What's their track featuring "MC Cor", is that an alias of Mega? Don't think I've heard it before.

organized konfusion was dope

Hell yeah they were...but they were from South Side (Jamaica), not QB.

I would've mentioned Mic Geronimo, Royal Flush, and Cash Money Click (being that they rep Flushing) if this was just a general Queens Hip Hop thread (was thinnking of doing that though...or at least making a podcast with the "best of" that borough).

And I'm buggin'...ACD was from Astoria P's...well at least Dogg was.

Actually, if you're talking about the song "Set It Off" ... then yeah, I've got that. But if that's not what you were referring to RBW, then put me on.

Correct.

What about Blitz?

He's ill. That one song he's got with Lake where he's talking about getting out the game, and lake's talking about how he's gotten soft, and it's all about crime is real tight. One of the best Lake joints period.

Yooo...I'm so happy I found this fuckin' song...in a search for a great Tragedy verse to be posted in the Paranoid Hip Hop thread...I found this gem off of one of his post-Still Reportin' efforts that went under the radar for me. I had this as an old studio leak from Audiogalaxy. It didn't even have a title that made sense (I think it was called "Jihad" or some silly shit).

His man Milk Murder (who was on Thug Matrix & Against All Odds) goes off on one of my favorite beats that year (I believe it was '02). He just has that Harlem'ish heavy flow and swag whilst spitting the most ignant and gutterest shit over one of the most stereotypical QB Alchemist beats...cliche never made me this happy.

Milk Murder

KTQlDy2cNaA

Correct.

What about Blitz?

He's ill. That one song he's got with Lake where he's talking about getting out the game, and lake's talking about how he's gotten soft, and it's all about crime is real tight. One of the best Lake joints period.

Yeah, I remember this track. It's called "Right Or Wrong", first heard it on The 41st Side Compilation.

I haven't actually heard much from Blitz, but I know he has a mixtape out called It's A Problem Vol. 1, I think it came out within the past few months. Gonna download it when I get home.

music make these thugs calm down....

music make these thugs

calm dooooown

Jose Luis gotcha

golden guns Frank Sinatra

amigo sacha?

all on the scene with binocla'

Fajardo, Bayamon

me an Ramon

chrome k-tone back in San Juan my pops home

sit on the throne like the king of my ca'?

take my

genuine laced up

laid up

you que pasa ven aqui yo

you and your hijo

pedico?

Puerto Rico

magnifico chico

he keep his heat low by his feet though

came wit

mamichula

gani gula?

little menuda

smoke buddah

fatty bangin plus the bitch cutah

que linda

you shoulda seen the iraq rush the premises

the nemesis

drinking guinnesses

what! from revelation to genesis

favorite nore verse ever...

^^ seriously!?!? I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Nore verse was NOT recorded for Calm Down, It was originally just Trag and Nas. If you listen close it doesn't sound like it fits either.

On that Nore tip, he gets my vote for funniest QB rapper. Remember him on State Property 2? haha i seen that LATE night last night and was dying laughing. Had a bitch for every day of the week and the reason why he ended up in jail is cause Monday started beefin' with Tuesday, lol..

Ya figgidity-feel me?

^^ seriously!?!? I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Nore verse was NOT recorded for Calm Down, It was originally just Trag and Nas. If you listen close it doesn't sound like it fits either.

On that Nore tip, he gets my vote for funniest QB rapper. Remember him on State Property 2? haha i seen that LATE night last night and was dying laughing. Had a bitch for every day of the week and the reason why he ended up in jail is cause Monday started beefin' with Tuesday, lol..

Ya figgidity-feel me?

that song is on this album

emoneybags.jpg

but bags got merked by supreme

Ya FIGGADEEL me?

Corrected.

EL POLO LOCO... ha Sparks is my dude.

And yeah...I believe that was the OG version of "Calm Down"...before the 12" release. A few classic mixtapes had that version on leak for a minute in the mid-90's.

...Before shitty Fruity Loops mp3 blends.

haha my bad, i knew it wasnt figgidity feel me but i didnt feel like going to find the correct Nore jibberish

N.O.R is definately a trip, but i feel that Capone got overlooked, and he could drop jewels. I bought Pain and Glory or whatever it was called when it came out but Capone was past his prime then.

But when he came home, and they did The Reunion, Capone shined on that album more than Nore did for sure.

CNN back, like #5 Jordan's purple and black

We spazzed on purpose, fuck tryin to sit in a cat'

I erase drama and talk, memories in my rap

It's kinda hard to rap on radio while I sit in the box

All I could think was money, send a few flicks to my pops

I give the street life my all, stripes and scars

Nights was hard, felt I had a right to rob

Now I spit righteous bars, FUCK livin like the stars

Give me a hood crib and a Chrysler Dodge

'Pone was definately greasy and the Reunion was my favorite CNN shit, wasn't Invincible with that filthy Primo beat on that album? Shit I need to put that in the top 10 rap albums after 2000 thread.

Haha yeah The Reunion was ridiculous. THAT got constant play in my boy's whip. I also agree that Pone was at his prime on that album. Definitely had me eagerly awaiting any solo shit he had on the way...plus I had a few EARLY Capone solo joints like "Queensbridge" and a few others from Audiogalaxy that made my summer. Too bad by the time his album finally dropped, he was a mess.

btw...if anyone DOES have those old Capone joints..."Queensbridge" being one of them...plus there was another one that sounded like ALchemist did it...where he's telling a story about running up in his boy's crib cause he got snaked. I remmeber the quality of the recording was so suspect, but the song was killer.

btw...if anyone DOES have those old Capone joints..."Queensbridge" being one of them...plus there was another one that sounded like ALchemist did it...where he's telling a story about running up in his boy's crib cause he got snaked. I remmeber the quality of the recording was so suspect, but the song was killer.

The joint with Ali Vegas?

"Pone body for Vegas, Vegas body for Pone Nigga we got it sewn"

I got Maaad pone joints. The PTG Mixtape was WAAAAAAAAYYYY better than the subsequent album. "Queeensbridge" is a certified banger. Capone sounds best over those type of beats. Anthem type shit. That's why he kills it on The Reunion.