umbrobykimjones s/s08 looking good...

Guest jmatsu

you're talking about the mid cut khaki-brownish ones with patent detailing i assume. i liked them in print/online, but when i actually say that shoe in person the patent up close made the shoe look like some kindergarden shit.

RTEmagicC_bottegaveneta_sneakers.jpg.jpg

these? if so the variation on this seaons umbro don't look that similar. the older seasons most def did though.

There's a lowcut too, I guess the patents are shinier than I remember, my bad. This season's botega's are sans patent and MUCH better imo. I have the vans style in green but now kinda wish I went with the khakki instead. =\

They're comfy though!

I'm with jmatsu. I have probably 80 - 100 pairs of sneakers too. Some are shit and most of them are from the sports brands - nike, nb, reebok, adidas and puma - or are converse. Although I'm now starting to get more interested in the fashion labels' sneakers (bought my second pair of dior hightops last night).

It's just a hobby, what I'm into. And although I'm far from a re-seller it's like if you pick up a good item of clothing, they hold or even increase their value. I made a handsome profit on a pair of alife ball-out pumps the only time i've really re-sold any of my collection.

So how does this hobby work? Do you display them around the house and show them to guests? Do you feel really good inside when people come to your house and say "Oh shit! That's a lot of shoes". It seems like such a waste of money if you never wear them and if you only sold one pair it seems like such a horrible investment.

Who gives a fuck, tons of people have random hobbies that they occupy themselves with because they enjoy it and it interests them. A hobby is something that you do in spare time and have fun with, not something you pick up to impress other people.

(On Topic) I'll definitely be picking up a pair of the white high tops with the button, price is right and they'll be great for the spring.

Who gives a fuck, tons of people have random hobbies that they occupy themselves with because they enjoy it and it interests them. A hobby is something that you do in spare time and have fun with, not something you pick up to impress other people.

Quoted for truth. As I said, I ain't no re-seller which is why I've only on-sold one pair. Once I had them I decided I'd never wear them so I sold them to a real sneakerfreaker who really wanted to cop them.

And yes, I have one pair on display but that's because they're Keith Haring joints and they're on display more for the art than the actual sneaker. Tell me, what do you spend all your hard earned on?

well right now i'm saving up for summer tuition. but if ever get out of here, i'd save it up to buy a house, a car, or retirement. occasional denim, sneaker, or suits or something like that. i guess i came off as pretty sarcastic. i just don't understand how collecting sneakers is a hobby. a hobby would be like playing the guitar, or going snowboarding, or lettering i.e. doing something worthwhile and enjoyable. is it enjoyable for you to look at shoes that you're not going to wear?

ok. i take that back. i guess people collect clocks and stamps. it's not like they use them. i guess it makes sense to collect denim or sneakers too.

no problem man. i guess i'm in a slightly different position to you in that i work full time, have my own apartment and car and six suits already. i was probably a bit defensive on friday.