TV From The 90s Saved My Life.

weirdnjfan1

The thread Cartoons form the 90s saved my life got me thinking, while there are some great shows on TV today, there is a lot of crap out there too. So I was thinking that if it wasn't for Primetime TV from the 90s, my life would totally be lost. Shows like Northern Exposure, Quantum Leap, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and other shows made me make sure that my homework was done so that I could watch them at night. Shows like Mad About You and Frasier were over my head then, but now as I watch them on TV in rerun form, I really can see why they were on TV for so long. Other long forgotten classics like Sliders and The X Files, where way a head of the their time, were so good, that they had to be like that for just to get by. So with that conclusion, I personally think that with out 90s Primetime TV, I would feel really lost and not be attracted to so many shows that paved the way for so many that I watch on a regular basis.

Guest chemi

i could watch seinfeld, home improvement, the fresh prince, and everybody loves raymond all day... really fucked up how jason alexander never won an emmy though (i thought frashier was unbearably bad)

oh and two guilty pleasures of mine were roseanne and the wayans brothers show, i'm such a big john witherspoon fan :o

fresh prince of bel-air definitely.

does anybody remember the saturday morning TNBC programming on NBC? "teen" shows like city guys, hang time, saved by the bell, one world. i loved that shit.

Those show were great, just because of the fact that they were directed at teens. The only one that you forgot was California Dreams.

Simpsons

Friends

Pee-Wee's Playhouse

The Wonder Years

Boy Meets World

Beavis & Butt-Head

Saved by the Bell

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Seinfeld

Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego

Home Improvement

Doogie Howser,M.D.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Who's the Boss?

Xena: Warrior Princess

The Wayans Bros.

Beverly Hills 90210

Everybody Loves Raymond

3rd Rock from the Sun

edit:

Rep to anyone who can name the original lineup of TGIF.

The one that your talking about is this line up:

Family Matters

Step By Step

Full House

Perfect Strangers

The one that I remember the best is:

Family Matters

Step By Step

Boy Meets World

Hanging with Mr. Cooper

Those were the days, not there's nothing except Psych and Monk on that night.

what was the point of step by step anyway? i don't even remember the premise. some kind of big-family-got-put-together-through-remarriage crap or something right? i just remember that really tall guy who was the "stupid" one. man were his antics hilarious!

I REMEMBER THIS SHOW! how exciting. i had forgotten all about it. scott baio played the super of the building she lived in, right? what about the little boy, what's he up to now? who is the sassy black lady in the preview? i don't remember her at all.

phWmSjLgpmc

Dinosaurs! How awesome.

Among the shows I watched but didn't see mentioned yet were

Doogie Howser, M.D.

Blossom

Roc (!)

Married with Children (my friend actually has a NO MA'AM shirt*)

Rosanne

I really liked it when Doogie would type in his journal at the end of every episode. Strangely enough, I just remember really liking the way the keyboard sounded as he typed his inane homilies.

*National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood