Everyday Light Jacket Suggestions?

vamks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, since you mentioned in your link that uniqlo small was more like a medium, would you agree that thats how all their clothes run? i think i might proxy that uniqlo bomber really soon.

no. i wear a medium for most uniqlo outerwear. it's just that this particular piece i feel fits a little bigger.

where to cop?

I recently bought a really nice fitting light windbreaker/jacket at H&M for $12.90. I have no idea how they can charge so little for such a decent jacket, not that i'm complaining :D

so yeah whats the deal with uniqlo sizing on outerwear? I'm like a 17 inch shoulder and 19 inch pit-pit kinda guy. Small?

I'm not sure, how does UK clothes usually fit? I want to know too.

For instance, US snowboard brands like analog size up big time, so I wear a small and it fits like a medium, but UK fashion is definitey more fitted. anyone have a chart?

The first thing i thought of was the NDG walking jacket and there is a s2a one that is pretty similar.

phen3n- those are taken from www.newdandyism.com . They always have a solid ymc selection. Oaknyc carries some ymc usually too

Dunno if this will help....

The Fit: Some of their XS and S polos, rugbys and T-shirts were super slim and fairly short. Their XS and S dress shirts (some with COOLMAX technology for those hot summer days) are slim and not too long. Plus, the sleeves are a good length and the cuffs aren’t too wide. And the price was right at around $30. And those giraffe-length jeans? Those can be altered in store, while you wait, at no extra charge. They use the same thread, but you’ll have to take care of any “distressing” yourself. Supposedly, everything is pre-washed and pre-shrunk, so don’t count on it getting any smaller when you crank up the dryer to high.

The verdict? Though it’s not a godsend, if you look carefully, Uniqlo offers some fresh alternatives to the same old XSs and Ss at Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic, all three go-to classics for short Americans for years.

Link: http://shortshrifted.com/index.php/?m=200704

if thats the case, then uniqlo probably just fits like any other typical American brand, in which case i won't feel too uncomfortable getting a medium...

where to cop?

I recently bought a really nice fitting light windbreaker/jacket at H&M for $12.90. I have no idea how they can charge so little for such a decent jacket, not that i'm complaining :D

lol look at the url of your quote

we're running low on sizes for the YMC jackets...

we have some other light jacket options as well from WoodWood and S2A

2340837488_2b4618aca7_m.jpg

2340837442_b6be636ca7_m.jpg

2340003923_846fe70cd9_m.jpg

2340003969_909a54fe94_m.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for uplifting this thread from the dead. I tried custom orders through uniqlo's ny store by email but they dont' have the black bomber jacket left in medium. does anyone have any connections to a proxy that could try to nab me one from uniqlo UK? i would really appreciate it. thanks.

where are baracuta g9s made?

edit: It seems not all of them are made in england, which is why i ask.

Also, its interesting that blue in green is said to stock them on the baracuta site.

There are two different types of the G9; one's made in England and the other is made in Romania. Oddly enough there's little difference in price between the two (about £15)

On another note that G Star jacket is hideous, crazy money too.

Anyone seen the spring/summer non-insulated Canada Goose line, I know the qaulity for the winter line is amazing, any word on the summer stuff? Do you think they would be alittle much for summer?

It looks unlined; like a North Face shell. Should be great for spring up until early summer. Probably wouldn't need something like that once it hit 70+

That G-Star jacket is whack. You should get the Tim Hamilton for Uniqlo reversible jacket if you want the same look for 60 bucks.

so right now i'm super bummed.

I've been looking for a G9 -like jacket, the classic harrington, and i've come up with these options.

Ben Sherman, Uniqlo, and Merc.

Sadly, I live in San Diego, which means all these UK fashion options are scarce. So I dug all over the web both UK and US sites, and they won't have one in a Medium Black?

WTF?

any help with a medium black harrington anyone? I'm really desperate now.

I'm not sure, how does UK clothes usually fit? I want to know too.

For instance, US snowboard brands like analog size up big time, so I wear a small and it fits like a medium, but UK fashion is definitey more fitted. anyone have a chart?

Generally small fits like a US small, the sizing is pretty much the same, but it depends on the brand.

If youre talking about harringtons though, they usually run quite small, so I would size up one. Also to answer a previous post, harringtons are generally short, sizing up even to an XL wont give you much more length.

Finally, and this is just my opinion, Barracuta is not worth the money, youre much better off spending your money on a Merc, warrior, Ben sherman or Londsdale. Personally Id go with merc or lonsdale.

Generally small fits like a US small, the sizing is pretty much the same, but it depends on the brand.

If youre talking about harringtons though, they usually run quite small, so I would size up one. Also to answer a previous post, harringtons are generally short, sizing up even to an XL wont give you much more length.

Finally, and this is just my opinion, Barracuta is not worth the money, youre much better off spending your money on a Merc, warrior, Ben sherman or Londsdale. Personally Id go with merc or lonsdale.

Interesting, so it wouldn't hurt sizing up to a L if I'm usually a medium?

Interesting comment on Merc, is the quality still pretty decent? I might just get one then...