Real Real Genuine

trickhk

The color of the denim looks really good on the raw one when you zoom in. I'd be interested on the fit and the wear before dropping approx $300 on those.

It's not really doing it for me. Could be good, though. They all have such short inseams.

Can't comment on the denim itself, but the cuts look bad, they over-emphasized all the "hidden details" and the inseam is ridiculously short (as mentioned above). All that for equivalent to $300 USD. Fail.

I like what I've seen the boots but the price point is too much for me.

Same with the jeans - just looks pretty uninspiring and seen as they based here in the Uk, I think US heads are going to have pay big loot to get it shipped over, when there are superior alternatives available at lower prices I just don't see that happening.

RRG is my baby and I know by posting it up on Superdenim I am laying the project open for both critique and praise (hopefully !). I have been reading here for many years and I know that most people on the board really do know their stuff.

Personally I have been in the denim business for over 23 years and have designed, produced, marketed and delivered for many different brands and retailers. When we started RRG it was with the specific aim of making great product, not just denim. We did not want lots of external branding and hence the relatively clean labelling. We wanted people to discover the product rather than shouting anything out.

Fits are very much a personal thing and I truly believe we have some great options. The inseams may seem short but as we only make around 50 to 80 pcs of a style/fabric/wash I chose leg lengths that worked generally for the fit.

We have only been delivering since August last year but already have great retailers supporting the brand. Anyone that has bought on-line has only been complimentary. I guess time will prove everything....

Thanks for all your comments, they really are appreciated.

Welcome on board.

Next time don't pretend that it's "just a brand you discovered" when it's actually your own project. That doesn't go down too well here...

I like the name btw...

Brand doesn't do anything for me, but in the original post he says "check out xx" and then lists every stockist worldwide. Doesn't seem like he's claiming to have just found it!

A few comments I'm going to state now, just in case you become a paid sponsor on sufu, in which case I wouldn't be allowed. This is regarding the denim:

-the idea of matching an inseam to a particular cut is ridiculous...I can't even ellaborate further its just a stupid idea. What market are you catering to exactly?

-exposed selvage on the coinpocket is cheesy (I think its on the back beltloop too)...it was cheesy when KMW did it, and its no different here...learn from their mistake.

-why is there an extra vertical stitchline on the coinpocket? it looks like a production mistake, but I'm sure that wasn't the idea.

-distressed denim will never be popular on a board like this, however, the examples on your site aren't terrible...until you see this part:

nywv9w.jpg

What's going on there?

-the whole idea of individually numbering things and "hologram stickers" is a waste of money on your part. When you become RL, you can start adding counterfeit protection. For now, save the expense of that and the tote bag and reflect it in your price.

-I like the different tones of stitching.

Regarding your fragrance:

-"Utiopian draws it's inspiration from the optimism and hope that emerged from post-WW2 Britain"....*sigh*

-I hope your claim of 95-99% natural ingredients is true, because there are very clever people that work in the fragrance industry that could discredit that statement scientifically. There are also some of us that could just smell it and do the same thing. Just sayin'.

-for 85 pounds, I'd expect to see how much perfume I'm getting...I don't see where you site says how big the bottle is?

the fact that he didn't say it was his site at first is why it seemed fishy. it is one thing for a disinterested 3rd party to say something is cool or sick, and entirely another for the owner himself to say it

i agree with gimme^2, exposed selvage looks terrible, like some fake thai shit.

shin whiskers --> vomit.

When you become RL, you can start adding counterfeit protection.

with a name like RRG seems like that's his goal

The fake fading is seriously horrible, instant deal breaker.

Judging from their measurements the cuts sound horrible, too. The slim is nothing close to being slim.

The fact he was trying to pass this off as something he's unafillidated with also makes me never want to purchase from them. There is nothing wrong with flat out saying "Hey, I'm proud as hell of my jeans, and here is a link to them, maybe you'll like them too."

I can see that it is difficult to please people here so I think I will just carry on doing my thing. But to answer a few of the points :

1. There was no intention of trying to pass off any non-afilliation. If the perception of doing so gives some people such a bad feeling then I can only feel sorry for them.

2. I like Thailand.....

3. Utopian is close to 98% natural and has been roundly praised by various noses within the perfume world. It is now stocked in Fred Segal, The Scent Bar, MioMia and others. The current bottle is 100ml and there is a 30ml coming.

4. I am proud of what I do because it is what I do.

Thankyou.

I can see that it is difficult to please people here so I think I will just carry on doing my thing. But to answer a few of the points :

1. There was no intention of trying to pass off any non-afilliation. If the perception of doing so gives some people such a bad feeling then I can only feel sorry for them.

2. I like Thailand.....

3. Utopian is close to 98% natural and has been roundly praised by various noses within the perfume world. It is now stocked in Fred Segal, The Scent Bar, MioMia and others. The current bottle is 100ml and there is a 30ml coming.

4. I am proud of what I do because it is what I do.

Thankyou.

I can think of a cheaper way to smell "98% natural".

If I were you I'd continue what I was doing too...people are stupid enough to pay $$$ for tacky shit like Diesel, so why wouldn't they do the same for your tacky shit?

I suggest you move onto feeling sorry for members of another forum.