Dino Might! Tees

dino might

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the brand name ? that really holds some significance imo apart from the actual designs comming to the table

i never thought about making some company really, jack mentioned it. never put much into names, cant say

I really like the pasta one.

I'd take the one with the face if it was a woman instead of a man

i was just thinking itd get more love had it been a girl. oh well

American Apparel costs ~$2.50 for a basic tee with a wholesale account (before shipping). It's obviously a bit cheaper if you order by 50/box but each order has to be one size and one color so you're stuck with ordering it at the single-piece rate.

I dislike the cut/feel of American Apparel for certain types of graphics.

Dino Homme! S/S 2009

I like 'might', myself.

Would these come out just like these, all rectangular prints on tees? I'd think about a diff. way to present them.

I wouldn't go with AA for photo screenprints.

AA tees are terrible as anything but cheap no-frills basic tees.

If he wants to present them gallery style as a photo series since they all share a common theme with the exception of the first one, he should stick to rectangular print style screenprinting in the center of the shirt.

pasta reminds me of GNR

That's exactly what i thought..

Insane out a photo of that can remind you of a band so quickly..

Dino Homme! S/S 2009

aha i actually made a bunch of fake 'jadore dior' shirts sort of as a joke when i was like 16 and was all into strip and shit. my brother would take them into bars and sell them to drunk chicks for like 30$ i still have one that i wear sometimes aah

Yo dino, this looks like a sick idea,

Maybe ask sidney how the process was for him? I guess just make sure the print is nice, like I'm not sure how screenprinting and that printing like ink printing works... I had some designs I made printed with some ink process on Hanes Beefy Tees a few years ago, they turned out decent but they weren't photos.

The eye and the bird are my favorites. What're you thinking in terms of price and when you'd be doing this?

^i dont know about price, i want to get quotes from the people id be dealing with first before i start saying anything in the way of pricing in hopes of minimizing confusion if things change. id be doing it soon as i could get together a list of those wanting them and all the pricing figured out, start soon as possible

Here's the down low blow:

Tee's have been a staple in clothing retail for one reason: profit turnover.

Unfortunately, with the popularity of start ups, the price of certain goods have risen for those who have limited capital investment. What that means effectively is... you're cutting into the one benefit of a graphic tee because of the higher cost incurred with smaller runs. Necessity really does cut into your profits.

Print anything less than 100+ shirts, and you'll start scratching your head at why you even did it in the first place.

And let's not forget... selling 100 tees of the same design is harder than it looks.

edit: this isn't trying to be negative, just realistic perspective

i really like the spaghetti and cockroach. would've liked the tongue n mouth but there's a thing about having guys' tongues n mouths that i dont really dig. that and women with peach fuzzes cuz im not exactly sure which at this point haha. either way...really like the idea and would be down for sum when available.