running a website?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

i know about the domain cost and design costs, but all this bandwith and other cost stuff is beyond me.

without insult, can anyone explain the charges associated with owning a website?

always thought it was basically free, but it can be expensive?

it's traffic based upon how much data your website transmits. that means everyone who visits your site will be requesting data in the form of images and html from your pages. the more traffic or bandwidth, the higher the load on your host's systems, and the higher the cost for you, the website owner. most hosts offer a generous amount of bandwidth though. unless you've got a hot site that people visit everyday i wouldn't worry too much about bandwidth issues.

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

- -----

I have been thinking of starting my own web site lately.

I had a few questions?

Meditation have you used Dream Host? Are they any good, the deal sounds almost too good to be true. I wonder what the catch is?

Tragic Bliss, media temple seems really expensive compared to other options, do you think the added price is worth it? like do they give you extra customer support, etc...

Any one else know about any other web hosting services?

Like what do all of you on here with websites use?

- -----

[everything is insanity and I have a headache]