Rick Owens New York

polishmike

• 4 months later...
Guys at A said they'll be running it; both mens and womens will be stocked. A is also moving, and will be a block away from the new store.

Yeah, that's what one of them said. I'm not sure if that's a good thing because I think Atelier was a good distnace away from where I'm staying in the fall...Tribeca may be a venture.

• 2 weeks later...

went there yesterday. the space is still being finished, clothes still on rolling racks with no price tags, t shirts still in packaging. A beautiful space. Cant wait to see how it looks when its actually done. Seems strange they would open with a paint/building crew still hanging around, but maybe they just stuck to a deadline. Karlo must be going crazy right now, between Rick Owens and Atelier moving next month. Thats a lot to handle.

I think Thom Browne is the only store (that sufu would take interest in) that is actually appointment only. If there is a buzzer to get into a store, and a sign that says appointment only, that usually just gives the store an excuse to turn people away if they look like they are going to cause some riff-raff.

I think Thom Browne is the only store (that sufu would take interest in) that is actually appointment only. If there is a buzzer to get into a store, and a sign that says appointment only, that usually just gives the store an excuse to turn people away if they look like they are going to cause some riff-raff.

I dunno, you can just walk into TB if you buzz too...unless there's another one I haven't visited.

i work literally next door to TB and i can't even tell which entrance is the actual entrance. dude's who work there are frute swagz in little boy's clothing... i was walking to lunch and overheard one of their cell phone convo's. guy was bursting w/ excitement over a story how he helped show someone the proper way to wear a tie bar. i slowed down my walking pace to eavesdrop and he managed to drag out the finer point of tie-barring to like 2+ minutes, i wanted to punch him in the face.