korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

is there a place with good burgers here? dont know if its a chain but the only decent spot with good burgers that ive hit is a spot called valance burger, the bbq one was pretty good.

Might hit up Triple O's around Chungdam, I think that is a decent burger.

I'm assuming you're korean-american? Do you speak korean at all?

Do you have a place to stay?

Finding a place to take you on for 4 months is going to be reaaal tricky. As dizz said, most places are looking to hire for a year. You're best bet is to private tutor/conversation partner.

What school did you graduate from? Don't want to be shallow but in korea they pay accordingly. A buddy from Harvard taught 2 kids/10 hours a week and took home 80 bucks an hour. Not too shabby considering he was a sophomore.

But yea, you're best bet is to ask your korean friends or look online for private tutoring.

Graduated from Binghamton University in New York with an English Rhetoric Degree. I've looked for the past couple of weeks for any short term contracts with little to no success. I have been told that I should just go to Korea and find work at hakwons on my own but that'd be pointless as I'd have to pay for my own flight + housing which will surely cost my entire earnings while I am there. Any other suggestions? I really want to go to Korea to see how its changed since I was in the 4th grade, I've heard it's a completely different country. Again + rep to any replies! Cheers

if you bounce out before your 12 month contract is up, you have to pay back the flight and sometimes rent. If they offered free flights, housing, and 3 month summer jobs to Korean Americans just for teaching English at a hakwon, there'd be 30,000 Korean American 22 year olds in Seoul all fucking shit up.

I lived by the original THunder Burger for a long time and never bothered to go, it was next to the taco place and I always went for tacos. Most people wouldn't blame me here.

Korea's burger game though is like 20-30% of the way there.

Why eat burger when you can have gamjatang for half that price

7/2 here I come.

2 reasons. 1. cause i have never heard of gamjatang, and 2. i dont think most korean food is that great.

are you challenging me dude!? as long as it isnt a pickled mess itll be all good. they have a type of pork spine soup, espinazo, in mexico, its fucking good too, havent had it years though,

on a side note i dont think we are ever gonna meet up for class dude, one chick invited me to the beach this weekend, and another wants to hang out as well. so we'll see.

are you challenging me dude!? as long as it isnt a pickled mess itll be all good. they have a type of pork spine soup, espinazo, in mexico, its fucking good too, havent had it years though,

on a side note i dont think we are ever gonna meet up for class dude, one chick invited me to the beach this weekend, and another wants to hang out as well. so we'll see.

anytime maricon.

batting cages:

1. kangnam station - exit no. 6 then hook a left at the body shop. walk down for like 3 minutes and you'll see the batting cages on the right side. you'll pass american apparel and club mass as well. i think its about 10 balls for like 500 won.

2. next to dismal future's house and this teen massage parlour venue. need to try that out soon.

#2, this is the batting cages we went to right? how do i get there again?

one of my friends told me she wants to go to the cages on thursday, and this one is closer than the gangnam one but i dont remember how to get there. little help would be appreciated. i want to say that it was near 'by the border' but i may be wrong

anytime maricon.

how about friday at "11" haha

Seoul meetup, tomorrow (Thursday)at 7pm, in Shinchon. We're meeting for the purpose of all you can drink margaritas and all you can eat Mexican food for 30,000W and then we're gonna go hit baseballs after we're sufficiently drunk.

pm me or dizz for more info. btw shimshimhae, come out. dizz said you thought I hate you, not the case man, haha. I will bring soem TOJ samples for you guys to look at in person.