looking for a slim fitted blazer

davidatler

forgot to mention the front darts, which pull in the sides more. Dior homme is all about the darts.

As for loot, my wardrobe is small, I usually sell off old stuff for new stuff..so I'm basically recycling my wardrobe. And with something as basic as this, I will never need another blazer ever again. I'm going for more key staples now, aside from the gold shoes :P

Quote: Is Cloak cheaper than Dior or are they about the same?

Price points are slightly cheaper, maybe 200~400 dollars less. I would also suggest you try Costume National. Very nice slim fitted blazers for less than a 1000.

Quote:

I can't seem to find any tag indicating the material. I'm guessing a type of wool, it has a bit of a shimmer to it, looks amazing in natural sunlight.

it was about $1500 taxed (1440.00 pretax) from Barneys.

--- Original message by mouko on Sep 14, 2005 04:57 AM

That's crazy. You'll need to lock the blazer up in a vault when you leave the house. If the robber is even slightly fashion conscious, that will be the first thing he takes.

Quote:

forgot to mention the front darts, which pull in the sides more. Dior homme is all about the darts.

As for loot, my wardrobe is small, I usually sell off old stuff for new stuff..so I'm basically recycling my wardrobe. And with something as basic as this, I will never need another blazer ever again. I'm going for more key staples now, aside from the gold shoes :P

--- Original message by mouko on Sep 13, 2005 10:21 PM

yeah mo, i recyle old gear too, yo wheres the gold boots?? those shoes are bitchinicon_smile_cool.gif

japanese people does.

mouko got it going, I got my grey dior blazer off ebay for like 650$. BANGING.

Gonna pick up the 1.600$ black suit now... Size 48 will fit me just sweet. Or not now, but soon.

Seems like we are doing the same thing, Mouko, be ready to give up your bank account. ;-)

dress badly on purpose.

as for really fitted jackets - i think most designers, and even high street retailers have them now. anyone from agnes b to scum bags like j lindeberg and everyone inbetween. besides from previously mentioned dior homme and helmut lang - miu miu have done them with peaked lapels for almost 6-7 years now and they look great. unfortunately they usually have a wool/synthetic blend fabric i don't like. yohji yamamoto always had an one single button, high lapel in every collection, which will make you look like a homosexual waiter at a sloan square restaurant.

my favourite pinstripes are from helmut lang. their only problem though is that they make slightly disproportionately smaller trousers. i'm a 5'11 and 28" waist so i always wondered how they're supposed to fit on a normally built person. there are a couple from jil sander's last winter collection you should check out if you're looking for london city style pink stripes. i know, i can barely post without mentioning her name these days.

Edited by kiteless on Sep 18, 2005 at 02:04 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much EVERY designer makes a slim fitted blazer. Now my favorite pinstripe blazer is from a company I don't always support: theory. It's a wonderful 2 button black with white pinstripes. If I were you I would check out Paul Smith, the label is all about pinstripes right now and the fit is slim like you requested. Please don't go for a blazer made by a jeans company, those are usually crap and overpriced for the quality level...

Edited by Fuuma on Oct 1, 2005 at 10:07 AM