Chronicles Of Never F/W 08.09

seven.homme

fat gpo. may have been the last one as well.

so so soft.

i want more shooz - anywhere still stocking 10s/11s?

still havent worn my cubisms, fucking so angry think i got a size too small. the toe box height feels so damn low - length & width seems okay. dont want to wear them out only to find they are too small, then be stuck trying to sell 'used' shoes.

fuck fuck fuck.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone kop moar?

if so, post pics..

just picked up the black bones tee and rotten apple viscose tee. best cut ever.

ha thats funny. i bought the rotten apple tee in black aswell. soo soft and awesome fit.

• 2 weeks later...

this stuff is soooo bad. Do you guys have eyes? The clothes are ridiculous, try hard, all over the place and messy. Where are you gonna wear that rubbish? It would only look nice on anorexics and other sickly types. Really gross. It's true they are soft, so they would make a nice substitute for toilet paper, but that's about it.

As for the shoes, you'd have to be kidding me. So much hype over them and they're garbage. The upper aint sooo bad, but the shitty soles fall to pieces after a couple of wears if that many even. The Skeleton Key boots!?!?!!? Surely you are only considering them cos you think CON is a good brand. LOOK AT THEM and try to forget that they're an ex-tsubi designer product, they're probably one of the ugliest shoes around at the moment. I think people are just getting caught up in the hype.

If there's one label I hate its CON.

this stuff is soooo bad. Do you guys have eyes?

blahblahblah

I think it's nice for Australian men's fashion to be moving down a different path that is worlds apart from other local competitors (ksubi, mat boy, etc.). As for your commentary regarding where one would actually wear such clothes i think the entire collection is versatile and easy to wear. It could be easy to make judgment such as yours based on the styling of the look book - but the fact of the matter is, and this stands for all brands in my opinion, on a consumer level look books and runway outfits shouldn't be a guide for a whole outfit. Take one or maybe two pieces and combine them with other things in your wardrobe to make the look more considered and personal... less forced. So I think that with this theory every piece of the collection can we worn quite easily under many circumstance.

As for the shoes - I admit the styling of most of them does not really fit in well with what I wear or prefer but i do appreciate the design of them and there is a pair or two I wouldn't mind getting. But your concern of the quality of the sole of the shoe is a bit inane. They have a low profile so the sole is a direct necessity of the design and who ever buys them is buying the look of the shoe and should understand the construction that goes with it. I don't know about you but i ALWAYS resole leather soled shoes that I know I am going to wear regularly enough to compromise the construction. A similar comparison would be someone who buys a 100% cashmere designer sweater - it is expensive and should be good quality but it is very easy for that quality to be compromised if you do not have an understanding of the yarn it is made from and how it should be treated.

I don't know about the hype you speak of but seeing someone wearing CON in Sydney is a very rare occurance, about as rare as it's amount of stockists. And the hype on this board in particular can pretty much be divided amongst 10 people.

I think it's nice for Australian men's fashion to be moving down a different path that is worlds apart from other local competitors (ksubi, mat boy, etc.). As for your commentary regarding where one would actually wear such clothes i think the entire collection is versatile and easy to wear. It could be easy to make judgment such as yours based on the styling of the look book - but the fact of the matter is, and this stands for all brands in my opinion, on a consumer level look books and runway outfits shouldn't be a guide for a whole outfit. Take one or maybe two pieces and combine them with other things in your wardrobe to make the look more considered and personal... less forced. So I think that with this theory every piece of the collection can we worn quite easily under many circumstance.

As for the shoes - I admit the styling of most of them does not really fit in well with what I wear or prefer but i do appreciate the design of them and there is a pair or two I wouldn't mind getting. But your concern of the quality of the sole of the shoe is a bit inane. They have a low profile so the sole is a direct necessity of the design and who ever buys them is buying the look of the shoe and should understand the construction that goes with it. I don't know about you but i ALWAYS resole leather soled shoes that I know I am going to wear regularly enough to compromise the construction. A similar comparison would be someone who buys a 100% cashmere designer sweater - it is expensive and should be good quality but it is very easy for that quality to be compromised if you do not have an understanding of the yarn it is made from and how it should be treated.

I don't know about the hype you speak of but seeing someone wearing CON in Sydney is a very rare occurance, about as rare as it's amount of stockists. And the hype on this board in particular can pretty much be divided amongst 10 people.

Well said homme.homme. with 2 thumbs up.

this stuff is soooo bad. Do you guys have eyes? The clothes are ridiculous, try hard, all over the place and messy. Where are you gonna wear that rubbish? It would only look nice on anorexics and other sickly types. Really gross. It's true they are soft, so they would make a nice substitute for toilet paper, but that's about it.

As for the shoes, you'd have to be kidding me. So much hype over them and they're garbage. The upper aint sooo bad, but the shitty soles fall to pieces after a couple of wears if that many even. The Skeleton Key boots!?!?!!? Surely you are only considering them cos you think CON is a good brand. LOOK AT THEM and try to forget that they're an ex-tsubi designer product, they're probably one of the ugliest shoes around at the moment. I think people are just getting caught up in the hype.

hype?

coming from the guy sellin kermit tees n shit

i think ive only seen two people on the street other than SA's wearing chronicles....

tribe lyrics aren't wrong brother, listen to the song and you'll find your google lyrics are wrong. nice try though.

I didn't realise that soles are meant to fall apart.

who's selling kermit tees?

Is con moving in a diff direction to ksubi?...

cons faithful have come out in full force.

Is it true that only 10 people are interested in con? How does it survive? Do you 10 guys just buy every item? I'm sure the hype is bigger than that.

How can you compare supreme hype to con hype? Really?

Anywayssss you guys can love it up all you want, but not everyone is gonna agree so deal with it

quote, "the end", unquote

I would argue its plain to see that con is producing mature, refined collections (sinister undertones included) - a far cry from many of its domestic counterparts, ksubi included..

Anywayssss you guys can love it up all you want, but not everyone is gonna agree so deal with it

Ahah, deal with it? I don't believe anybody here is forcing you, or anyone for that matter, to enjoy/wear con.

can anyone else with CON clothes or particular, post about the quality of it.

i was at INCU and they sell quite a few CON items, most of the shoes etc. and does anyone know how to become a VIP at INCU?

tribe lyrics aren't wrong brother, listen to the song and you'll find your google lyrics are wrong. nice try though.

I didn't realise that soles are meant to fall apart.

who's selling kermit tees?

cons faithful have come out in full force.

Is it true that only 10 people are interested in con? How does it survive? Do you 10 guys just buy every item? I'm sure the hype is bigger than that.

How can you compare supreme hype to con hype? Really?

quote, "the end", unquote

um, dude i own a pair of con shoes and they are actually built very well, i have been wearing the shit out of them, abusing them actually, and they are fine.

Firstly you really need to re-think your approach here..

Yes the cuts are skinny, i cannot wear CON tee's as they are just a little to tight fitting in the chest, whether it be s,m or l... unfortunately. But that is the way they were made, so yeh i deal with it and don't buy the tees, the jeans are easily wearable, the jumpers can be quite baggy especially the double layer, the drop crotch track pants well they are track pants and really speak for them selves (will fit skinny to med body type) so what you have said really has no substance..

secondly what particular shoe are you talking about. you cannot wear say the mono or cubisms every day. if say someone was to buy these then complain that they fell apart when they wore them to clubs every weekend. Well they could be blamed themselves for ruining them. The shoes are not designed for this kind of wear. Most of them are designed for wear to places where stress on them is minimal. say dinner, or a concert as in sydney symphony or something that requires them not being trodden to peices(not big day out...lol) or a wedding or something similiar. I have personally tried on most of the shoes and the skeleton boots are amazing, not only do most of these have such beautiful detailing but the construction and the materials used to make them are also amazing. I have not bought purely because i don't need them. But say i could justify them somehow i would jump on the chance..

yeh also... so what if Gareth Moody design them.. pahh.. He did great things with Tsubi/Ksubi. Ignore that alot of ksubi/tsubi is a little so so. This is his new design platform, he is doing different things and as home, ajax and Gareth himself pointed out he is maturing his design level and taste.

I feel that CON along with a few other new and exciting labels are F*#king wonderful. I applaud them and can clearly see they will be going serious places..

and hype... aha. perhaps you should peer down at the shoes that you are wearing and then will see what hype really is.

edit: If you did in fact know, if you buy leather soled shoes you are supposed to wear them brielfy then have them capped.. honestly..

thing about what you write before you say it.

im back to repent, so everybody relaxxxxxxxxx please. I'd just had a bad run in with a few things including con so was disgruntled.

Everything you've said is good and iv learnt a lot from you all.

Perhaps con isnt so horrible. There I said it!

anywaaaayyy in a change of key, iv been informed there's a laceless shoe in the works thats like cross between the skeleton key and the cubism (is it that one with the leather layers across the toe?) coming out which is apparently quite nice.

Has anybody heard about the next lot of shoes?

KRUSH3R: I think to become a VIP at any store like incu, you either have to know the right people, or you have to drop a bit of cash

yeah that's the one.

iv also seen it in a gunmetal and one which looked like it had a black sole - - ?

I can see evidence of a press stud at the top left of the boot in this one, so thats more of a clue (i never liked the laces on that skeleton key).

Did u take this pic of scavenge for it?

yeh it is fastened by a press stud and i have tried these on in person in brisbane at Dirtbox. They still have quite a few of the shoes left. The guy who owns the store or at least runs it is friendly and helpful. he also sells gram shoes from stockholm.. They might still have the haunted trees boot.

I got the image from:

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/03/chronicles-of-never-winter-shoes-2008.html

great blog.. check it out.

just in case you guys haven't noticed. CON's online store...

http://www.thegrandsocial.com.au/chronicles-of-never/prints/the-end

Yea i checked it out earlier but seems that the sizings/colours are limited and they're not selling shoes nor denim. :( . I'm particularly after the neo neo denim, the look real slim fitting.

Speaking of con, i managed to grap a pair of mono's, 2 double scarfs, the prosthetic spoon and long cross bones tee. The tees are the best cut ever!

damn, they don't have the crinkle s/s tee online. the riahom -ism knits look decent but do they run incredibly oversized like their other knits?

very underwealmed with the quality of CON's outerwear. the peacoat seriously looks and feels like it is made from the same material as military surplus gear and the impressionism blazer is made of cheap cotton sweater material. the tees, shoes and jewelry are still nice though...