Chronicles Of Never F/W 08.09

seven.homme

hey all,

noticed that violentgreen are getting in some more C.O.N. shoes.. from their blogspot.

available are the MONO 2 in black, white and grey and the CUBISM in black.

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/06/chronicles-of-never-winter-shoes-2008.html

if you missed out in the first order then get in on the second.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've forgotten the name of them but they are the black ones with a slight heel and canvas upper.

You must be talking about the neo-ism low tops? My hightops wore out so quick, i think i will only get the ones with the wooden sole from the next collection...

• 2 weeks later...

alright, so i have a pair of these:

Chronicles+of+Never+CUBISM+side.JPG

note the wooden sole. wore them out a few weeks ago (yeah, i know, shit move). got crunk, ended up dancing on a floor covered in broken glass, woke up in the morning to the soles covered in small & large chunks of glass ingrained in the sole. too much to remove.

my first question is, can i get shooz like this resoled at a cobbler or something? got mad OCD and i can't walk around indoors with shoes i know have glass in them.

second question, how can i prevent this in the future with timber soled shoes? can i get a cobbler to put a protective rubber layer or some shit over the soles?

kthnx.

its actually leather, just layered to look like wood and i just got mine resoled with rubber (lasts longer). shit cost me 60 bucks though. i wore mine for 3 months 2-3 times a week and they were pretty well worn, so the guy had to redo the heel and everything... hope i didn't get ripped off.

having pez as a nickname i feel obligated to buy all the pieces labelled pez.

having said that, the prism coat looks like a winner for me. i remember julius did something similar a couple of seasons ago but never got a chance to buy it.

The CON webstore just added stock for the Viscose Rotten Apple tee. How does the sizing on the tees run? I'm hoping to grab one that measures ~20" pit to pit (M or L?).

https://www.thegrandsocial.com.au/chronicles-of-never/tops/rotten-apple-t-viscose

Can anyone tell me how their CON tees measure? Much love for anyone that can help!

CON tees are pretty slim, you need to have no chest to fit into them and for them to not hug your chest. I can physically fit into the med and large but it hugs my chest to much and i usually wear 19 inch tees pit to pit

i just got a CON tee today, and i dont find it fits THAT long. longer than some but i was hoping for a tad longer. looks like i'll have to get the 95 long tee.

also, does anyone have any experience with CON denim? I'm in need of a black pair and i'm thinking of getting a pair from their s/s 08 09. quality? fit?

Thanks for the help guys, I put in an order for L on the website.

Alternatives are hard to find, and are often around $300 (Prorsum, RO), so if it fits like I'm hoping, it'll be an awesome wardrobe staple.

Speaking of CON steez, I just got these shoes from the US, from Cloak NYC. Retail was $595 USD - they're next level on CON quality. Unfortunately they're a little small. I usually wear 11 in Chucks, but these fit ~10-10.5 I paid $175 US, but I'll let them go for $170 AUD if anyone is interested.

IMG_0799.jpg

mr vincent don,t tempt me.. i have to go to melbourne. If you still have these when i get back and the inner sole is around 11 inches or 27cm then i will grab these for sure. Link me to yor sale thread via pm if you put em up for sale.

Without wanting to piss Jes or anyone else off, I'm also really interested depending upon insole measurement. I think I could get away with wearing these with a suit to work.

Otherwise I'm seriously considering buying the b store convertable oxford/boots that LostInNJ/FoundInNJ is selling. Wear them as work shoes with a suit during the week and turning them into boots on weekends. Thoughts? They might be a smidge too small though.