Fun date ideas?

I take it you've been dating for awhile? I mean, you should know her interests. Maybe a museum (art, history or science) if she's into that kind of stuff. The boston science/history museum isn't bad if she hasn't been there before and even if she has, you guys can have fun together doing goofy things. I'd do lame boston things with her as those touristy things are fun with a significant other. Do the duck boat or walk to freedom trail with her. Ice skating would be fun too.

Dinner doesn't have to be a boring standard if you don't make it that way. A romantic walk around the north end hitting up a mike's bakery and one of the nice little cafes (coffee not food) would be fun/romantic.

There's always bowling (there's candlepin somewhere in boston too), romantic walk around the cambridge area (that nice chocolate shop and the tea shop), go see a play at that place off mass ave, or find a place that does improv comedy.

If you're not in boston as your location indicates than disregard most of the details. I did most of those things with my ex in boston and we had fun.

...why don't you make her dinner? girls love that stuff...

I can't cook. A little too soon in the relationship. I have 4 other roommates.

out in the cold during winter is a perfect date.

you get to hold each other close.

more body contact.

Hence ice skating

Haha karaoke, bowling, ice skating, etc was all we ever did in hs.

It'd be a lot easier if we were both 21+, but given the situation I can't really take her to 21+ places.

I take it you've been dating for awhile? I mean, you should know her interests. Maybe a museum (art, history or science) if she's into that kind of stuff. The boston science/history museum isn't bad if she hasn't been there before and even if she has, you guys can have fun together doing goofy things. I'd do lame boston things with her as those touristy things are fun with a significant other. Do the duck boat or walk to freedom trail with her. Ice skating would be fun too.

Dinner doesn't have to be a boring standard if you don't make it that way. A romantic walk around the north end hitting up a mike's bakery and one of the nice little cafes (coffee not food) would be fun/romantic.

Yeah, haven't been dating her long and I just moved to Boston a month ago, so I'm still feeling things out. Skating in Boston Common and coffee/North End is how I'm leaning.

Yeah, haven't been dating her long and I just moved to Boston a month ago, so I'm still feeling things out. Skating in Boston Common and coffee/North End is how I'm leaning.

Doesn't boston have one of those tour buses you can take? Get some disposable cameras and hop on one, take a tour of the city. Did that with one chick here in nyc and it was a hit.

Be tourists for a day.

I'm sure she'd like that. Especially since you might not have done the touristy things before, eventually you should do those with her. The freedom trail is pretty damn long but there is a ton to see when you walk it. Lucky for you, boston has a ton of stuff to do date wise. Fucking gainesville is a wasteland save for a few decent restaurants, bakeries and a coffee shop. Now that i'm single, i realize how little there is to do here. Only 1 year of grad school to go.

It'd be a lot easier if we were both 21+, but given the situation I can't really take her to 21+ places.

:confused: karaoke only requires a state id and you have to be 18 (I think, it was always someone else that got the room)

Local cafe w/artists don't require id, only when you're ordering alcohol.

Movies are nice too.

^^ seconded.

but honestly, it's winter and snowy, go play in the snow...go sledding and just mess around, it's cute and will be appreciated.

or do something weird. the other day I went out for icecream with my girlfriend and we drove around the ghetto's looking at crack dens and squats in downtown hamilton.

I'm sure she'd like that. Especially since you might not have done the touristy things before, eventually you should do those with her. The freedom trail is pretty damn long but there is a ton to see when you walk it. Lucky for you, boston has a ton of stuff to do date wise. Fucking gainesville is a wasteland save for a few decent restaurants, bakeries and a coffee shop. Now that i'm single, i realize how little there is to do here. Only 1 year of grad school to go.

Best date idea in Gainesville: Butterfly Rainforest by the Harn/Natural History museums. Girls love that shit. Also the bats are good if she's brave or your goal is to scare the living shit out of her.

Other than that yeah there's nothing to do here.