Good News Toronto, also, canada.

Halifamous

Sydneys on Queen is carrying Attachment and Viridi-Anne and RAF by Raf and DRKSHDW next season.

Holy fucking shit. After seeing the way Nomad straddles the aesthetic fence and moves the more forward stuff in slowly (they're still a great store) I'm really really excited that someone is making a clear, well defined push into more fashion forward territory.

Yeah, I had a talk with him and he explained that he's always wanted to be more foreward, but he had to produce a profitable business first. Now that he's established he's going to take some risks.

It's going to be a slow pace, only a few items and lines for now, but it is a definite statement of things to come. He's going to Japan to see more stuff first hand and see if he can reach a deal with some of the high end Japanese Denim companies as well.

While he may not be getting a ton of items, I do absolutely trust his buy, the man has amazing taste.

Also, it's really great to see someone who is passionate about quality in clothing (dude makes his own selvedge denim and owns an antique chainstitch machine) who is also interested in moving foreward and being a tastemaker.

Toronto needs this. I will be buying whatever I can when this stuff comes in.

edit: On the downside, I believe he's carrying less Patrick Ervell this year.

Let's see if we can't get him to look at Robert Geller as well, Nomad is picking up the accessories, and TNT carries the line, but their buy is fairly pedestrian. I'd like to see some of the better Geller pieces in Canada, so when you go in, mention Geller and how good the F/W 08/9 collection is, show him there is some demand.

I hope this goes well. I really admire someone taking some steps to advance the game here in TO.

Honestly, for a city this big and diverse, our style is in general, total shit.

PS: Fuck you Sean_ Ervell is my boyfriend.

I know Hali's recommended them for a while now, and if the guy's doing his own jeans I'd assume he'd do a really good job.

I took my APC's to a place in the colonnade to get a small tear fixed and I got a pretty nice job for $8. I'd be curious to see what Sydney's prices are for everything related to denim.

so would you guys recommend going there to get a pair of jeans tapered?

ive never really bothered to ask what they do there, just looked at the stuff and got out basically

Yes.

The man makes his own jeans, he will know more about the construction of denim than anyone you're going to find in Toronto.

• 2 weeks later...

BoneJelly: It's right across from bellwoods park basically west of queen and bathurst. They currently stock Patrick Ervell, Opening Ceremony, Corpus, and Band of Outsiders...

Canice: Sydneys USED to stock womens, but it just wasn't selling so its all menswear now.

I think I was actually telling zeb a while back that he should look into Raf by Raf and Drksdw since those brands would probably sell. Currently only Holts carries Raf and Rick's main lines, and only Noir carries Virdie-Anne. It's about time someone else stepped it up!

• 2 weeks later...
I think I was actually telling zeb a while back that he should look into Raf by Raf and Drksdw since those brands would probably sell. Currently only Holts carries Raf and Rick's main lines, and only Noir carries Virdie-Anne. It's about time someone else stepped it up!

Holts carried DRKSHDW.

Also, it doesn't sell.