Jeans too big!

culture

I bought a pair of dry Nudie Flare Glens, but they are just a bit too big in the waist. It bunches up a bit when i put a belt on. Are there any decent ways to shrink the waist a bit?

I could throw them in the wash, but they havnt been worn in at all yet, so thats probably not the best idea.

Would soaking them in cold water and hang drying them shrink them enough without losing much indigo?

Shrinking them in the wash won't really do anything. They'll stretch out again within hours.

I, too, purchased a Regular Ralf one size up. I was about 20 pounds heavier at the time, so I didn't really have a choice, but now they're pretty huge on me. It's a testament to how awesome the jeans are that they still look fantastic on me, though -- they're just really low-slung.

the problem is the waist bunches up when i put a belt on, so if they shrink and i use a belt, they wont stretch back out and there wont be anymore bunching.

will a cold rinse and hang dry shrink them much? and will there be much affect on the indigo or fading process from then on?

Quote:

the problem is the waist bunches up when i put a belt on, so if they shrink and i use a belt, they wont stretch back out and there wont be anymore bunching.

will a cold rinse and hang dry shrink them much? and will there be much affect on the indigo or fading process from then on?

--- Original message by culture on Sep 8, 2005 05:08 PM

a cold rinse and hang dry will shrink them down a little bit past their original size.

there will be minimal (no) effect on the indigo.

Quote:

Yeah, but like I said, they'll stretch back out again within hours. So unless you wash your jeans daily ... icon_smile_tongue.gif

--- Original message by minya on Sep 8, 2005 10:06 PM

they wont stretch out again in the waist if i wear a belt thou icon_smile_wink.gif

thanks for the advice people, ill give the cold rinse/hang dry a shot this weekend.

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, but like I said, they'll stretch back out again within hours. So unless you wash your jeans daily ... icon_smile_tongue.gif

they wont stretch out again in the waist if i wear a belt thou icon_smile_wink.gif

thanks for the advice people, ill give the cold rinse/hang dry a shot this weekend.

--- Original message by culture on Sep 9, 2005 04:02 AM

Yes, they will stretch out again, even if you wear a belt.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by culture on Sep 9, 2005 04:02 AM

Yes, they will stretch out again, even if you wear a belt.

--- Original message by minya on Sep 9, 2005 07:55 AM

seriously, try selling it before you wash it. Because it'll DEFINITELY stretch out even if you wear a belt. You dont' want to waste your money. Or you can gain some weight.