Nom de Guerre F/W 08.09

sbw4224

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yeah i know im sorry just throwing pics in here atleast ya know because.. i cant find 07.08 and thats what they still have in ny store guess it'll help someone out if they are still seeking items

and i guess when they put out new stuff ill do that too.. it definetly looks promising

its nice to make it affordable for once, though for me lowering their prices so much without changing anything about manufacturing.

How do you know they haven't?

arbitrarily inflating the prices of their pieces to appeal to a niche market, and once theyre in and a desirable brand, lower their prices and expand their stockists

a little bit of a turn off

Doesn't sound like a sound strategy to me. There's no sense in lowering prices as demand rises, so my guess is your take on this is wrong.

What I think is that they are either struggling to find people who like their stuff at the current pricepoints or that they've been able to find a new factory or gotten a better deal now that they're manufacturing on a larger scale.

I am friends with one of the owners of NDG and I can assure you this is not the reason for their pricing. It simply has to do with the resources they have available (read: funding) and the quantities/materials they are using. Their prices were so high before because they simply didn't have the proper funding to turn out such high quality clothing in large quantities and cheaply, so instead they chose to keep the same level of quality but do small batches and keep the prices high to cover costs.

Now they are more successful, sold in barneys, etc, and so they can afford to do things larger and more efficiently, thus lowering prices.

In fact, unlike most brands, I have respect for what they do- they take it seriously and want to produce quality, whatever the cost. nice that the cost is going down though...

Ooh, so my post was already obsolete when I was writing it.